Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank you slowtwitch nation
Quote | Reply
Just have to say thank you slowtwitch nation. Waiting for a 6:10am flight and following all the posts from the Chattanooga conspiracy to the new zipp wheels has made my two hour wait seem like a second. Laughing while looking at my phone makes people think that I actually have friends. First leg of a 14hr trip to kona (actually its been closer to 11 months). Finally very excited. Its been a long trip.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [bluetreefour] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooo, another "I'm going to Kona" back door brag.

ST is a magical place at times.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course was expecting that. :-) thanks for not letting me down Liaman!
Last edited by: bluetreefour: Oct 7, 15 2:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that this forum can be a very good repository of knowledge (both giving and receiving), and sometimes an even better repository of great humor. And laughter is worth more than we can possibly imagine.

Have a great flight and a great race !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluetreefour wrote:
Just have to say thank you slowtwitch nation. Waiting for a 6:10am flight and following all the posts from the Chattanooga conspiracy to the new zipp wheels has made my two hour wait seem like a second. Laughing while looking at my phone makes people think that I actually have friends. First leg of a 14hr trip to kona (actually its been closer to 11 months). Finally very excited. Its been a long trip.

You're racing on Sat and you are just now flying out there??? I hope you recover fast from jet lag; what time zone did you start from???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You're racing on Sat and you are just now flying out there??? I hope you recover fast from jet lag; what time zone did you start from???

Potts apparetnly isn't going over until Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing. Coming from Boston. Try to stay sort of on boston time, that way waking up race morning at 3:00am kona time is like sleeping in until 9:00am at home. Fly home after awards sunday night. Wifes holding down the fort while im away so try to keep it short. In Phoenix now on the flight with a boat load of folks in ironman gear. I look like a thin normal old guy in non-ironman cloths, but the shaved arms might be giving me away. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:

Potts apparently isn't going over until Thursday.

Well, I can see wanting to avoid all the over-hype but the jet lag would be a concern to me at least. Presumably Andy has done this enough to know what works for him. Also, I don't know where he's leaving from; if a person lives on the west coast, he/she is only crossing 3 time zones, which wouldn't be as bad as if you're flying from east coast, or from Europe. However, the general rule of thumb is 1 day of adjustment per hour of time difference.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluetreefour wrote:
Racing. Coming from Boston. Try to stay sort of on boston time, that way waking up race morning at 3:00am kona time is like sleeping in until 9:00am at home. Fly home after awards sunday night. Wifes holding down the fort while im away so try to keep it short. In Phoenix now on the flight with a boat load of folks in ironman gear. I look like a thin normal old guy in non-ironman cloths, but the shaved arms might be giving me away. ;-)

Well, I hope this strategy works out for you, good luck with your race!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluetreefour wrote:

fixed it, and you should add fast to "thin normal guy" I can't let you get away saying "old" (because then I'd have to say that about myself! go class of '80!)

I hope your cold has given you the recovery for an awesome race.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you slowtwitch nation [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for fixing. Just arrived and the wind god is awake. #656 on race day
Quote Reply