Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Thank you Slowtwitch for my first full distance finish
Quote | Reply
I wanted to thank the Slowtwitch community for getting me through my first full distance race at Vineman this past weekend.

Every question, concern, problem, injury, gear needs etc… I encountered I was able to find the answers I needed without having to post a new thread myself.

This is an incredible resource, not to mention a good source of entertainment.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Slowtwitch for my first full distance finish [lytic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Thank you Slowtwitch for my first full distance finish [lytic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

--

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to jump on lytic's post and thank the Slowtwitch community for the incredible amount of knowledge that is shared here. Earlier this month I finished my first full distance course at IM Frankfurt. It was a crazy-hot day, but I knew there were other Slowtwitchers out there on the course with me. Great forum and community. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to throw out a thank you as well. Finished IMLP on Sunday. Without ST there is no way I would have had any clue how to:
1) build up a bike from frame and parts (NOS QR frame with most bits purchased on the ST classified)
2) trial and choose running shoes (Clifton 2s)
3) train for the bike (used PT wheel with wheel cover for the race, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest)
4) train for the run (BarryP)
5) approach the bike route (take it easy on the first lap, hold back on the hills)
6) appreciate the volunteers, have some humility, and maintain a sense of humor when my overly optimistic racing plan went to sh!t.

Thank you all.
Adam
Quote Reply