Prev Next
Post deleted by jsnteacher
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [jsnteacher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Popcorn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice first post. I'll give it 3 out of 10.

jsnteacher wrote:

I am a 46 year old male with crazy low T. I have been on testosterone injections for the past two years and have had great success. I've always stayed within the confines of my recommended dosage. My question is: I have a 70.3 coming up in 2 weeks and was toying with the idea of adding 1/2 a CC to my injection a couple days before the race. I'm not going full Armstrong and am taking it legally, does anyone know of any disadvantage from an extra 1/2 CC? I know changes aren't good this close to a race but wasn't sure if a little extra T would be a big deal...induce quicker muscle fatigue or have an adverse physical reaction? Thoughts?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Floyd Landis used it before his epic mountain stage in the TDF.
He got great results.

Heck, i'd up the dosage and extra 5 CC's...just to be sure.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why stop at 1/2 a CC?

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [jbnc77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbnc77 wrote:
Why stop at 1/2 a CC?

Because he's concerned it will be a disadvantage. Why would the OP punish himself by taking more T just before a race? Duh!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
first, welcome to slowtwitch. i'm the chief moderator here. second, thank you, for a lot of page views that will be forthcoming.

you will find that you have walked into something that you did not expect or intend. i will attempt to make sure all the regulars here treat you with decorum, just, there are a few things that you might not know about. i'm talking about how the rules actually, technically, operate in sports, especially sports under the olympic federation system where athletes (recreational or elite) are bound by the WADA code.

naivete of the issues is a beef of mine, that is, not necessarily that you might be naive to relevant rules, it's easy to be naive to rules and culture and it's not THAT hard for relevant institutions (the media like us, sports governing bodies, anti-doping agencies, race organizers) to aid in bringing everybody up to speed.

our readers are going to aid in bringing you up to speed. so...

let us move forward, and i suspect you're about to be apprised of some stuff you didn't know!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: May 19, 15 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as long as you balance it out with 20U/kg of EPO you'll be fine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, and, so far they're funnin' you. then they'll get down to answering your question.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe pay someone fast to wear your bib?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for it, I mean the rules only apply to those at the very pointy end of the needle... right?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Using testosterone is a doping violation, even if you have naturally low-T, even if it was prescribed by a doctor. If you race, you are cheating/doping and in the very rare event that you were tested you would get banned. The exception is if you have a TUE (therapeutic use exemption), but those are almost impossible to get (especially for T).

I wish there was a non-competitive option for people who just want to do the race while on banned meds, but that doesn't exist right now.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Dan says we have to be nice, but I'm not sure if you are either naïve' or a troll. One thing is for certain, without a TUE, and even without increasing the dosage you are CHEATING whether you think so or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Legal by federal and state, not by USAT or WTC as described by USADA and WADA unles you have a TUE.

Google the capitalized words and you will get the reason for the sarcasm.

Unless this is a TROLL, in which case I only rate it 2/10.

As for you initial question, I have no evidence for against your intentions. I have no idea what testosterone you are taking not do I know your health conditions, nor do I know how you react to specific doses. Hell, I don't know what the hell testosterone actually does for an athlete. Somehow makes them into captain America?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean, if you are cool with the possibility of a raging hard-on...
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, you have reasons to believe this was a serious question and not a complete troll?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure to put testosterone in the medications section of the race information form. That way they can help you if you have an adverse physical reaction on race day. You are racing in Raleigh? Give us a little more background information. You are a teacher?

Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Dan, you have reasons to believe this was a serious question and not a complete troll?"

could be a troll. i have my secret ways of sniffing trolls, and if this is a troll he's gotten through the barbed wire and the mine field. hence i'm treating it as legit until i know otherwise.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never mind, it was pretty easy to find. I'll be watching for your bib number.

Last edited by: dogmile: May 19, 15 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Popcorn.

*Grabs a bowl of popcorn as well*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, it seems this if for real. I'm sorry you didn't know it is against the rules to race on testosterone even if prescribed by your doctor. Unless of course you have a TUE, which you won't get for low T and most certainly don't have.

The right thing to do at this point it to withdraw from your race as it is sanctioned by USAT and falls under WADA rules. No one wants to see a middle of the pack average Joe get popped for a doping violation. Unfortunately, you decided to announce to the world you are on testosterone and racing a 70.3 by starting this thread.

There really should be a participants wave to accommodate people like yourself. Unfortunately, at the moment everyone must race/participate under that same strict rules even if they are not competitive.

I wish USAT/WTC would do more to educate participants in regards to T treatment as it is becoming so common.

Last edited by: dogmile: May 19, 15 17:23
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dogmile wrote:
Never mind, it was pretty easy to find. I'll be watching for your bib number.

Is it Raleigh? If he beats me I'm calling shenanigans...

Quote | Reply
Well, the original post is gone....what age group is he in? Hell....whoever figured it out, can you post his number so I can take note if he passes me?
Quote Reply
Re: Testosterone before a 70.3? [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you very middle of the pack? Hopefully, he decides to not race nothing good could come of that.

Quote Reply

Prev Next