Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Terrible Canada Polar service
Quote | Reply
So my V800 is falling apart. Looks as though the screen is peeling away or has water underneath it. E-mailed Polar Canada on Monday and have yet to hear back from them at all. They say they respond within 48hours but that is obviously not the case!!!! I am at a loss here....guess its back to Garmin!
Quote Reply
Re: Terrible Canada Polar service [askimdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, try this number (1-888-918-5043) as I've had very good service and response times when I've called them on my RC3 model.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM me if it helps , I might be able to answer a question
Quote Reply
Re: Terrible Canada Polar service [Keehna666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Called them. Got the message due to unforeseen circumstances they cannot take my call. Wonderful!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow - wonder is they're closing the Cdn office.

I'm actually in the process of moving to Garmin for an HRM as I picked up an Edge 520 (with HR) for the bikes and it does most of the stuff I need (bike related).

Over the winter, I'm gonna use TrainerRoad. The Garmin stuff will integrate and send the HRM/cadence/speed to the PC for the TrainerRoad workouts.

It's too bad as I've a multitude of Polar products over the last 10 years but as the technology is evolving, and integrating with various Apps, Polar is now lagging behind.

Good luck with the US contact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I called the Canadian office and they say to leave a message in the general mailbox and then the phone hangs up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I like Polar products especially with bluetooth. All Android phones and tablets have bluetooth already builtin so bluetooth products can be synced without ANT+ stick.
Quote Reply
Re: Terrible Canada Polar service [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to "hijack" askimdog's thread but for clarity, I do like Polar products.

Their "PolarProtrainer" PC software is superior to Garmin's Connect from the perspective of workout analytics and ease of navigation through it, in my opinion only.

I'm using TrainerRoad on my laptop running Windows 10. The Power output feed I'm using come from my Kurt Kinetic road trainer which transmits in Bluetooth but needs a special Bluetooth dongle (BLED115??) which is a bear to find here in Canada. I Can use the Trainer Road Virtual power functionality but going to Garmin makes it as close to a "one-source" input feed as I can get right now with the equipment I have.

I'm probably gonna get a Garmin 920XT for HRM and some other running/tri functionality though. Once Polar gets up to current functionality speed in relation to the marketplace, I'll then re-assess.
Quote Reply
Re: Terrible Canada Polar service [Me_XMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Polar products as well and Wayne has been awesome. Just very disappointed that the Canadian distributor or Polar Canada doesn't even have someone answer their phone or return an e-mail. If they are going to shut down, shut it down completely...do not leave paying customers hanging!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have had my FT 60 for 6 years - nothing but super service - I wish others were half as good. I'd be surprised if once over this blip you don't get excellent service.
Quote Reply
Re: Terrible Canada Polar service [d.hiddenwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet again Wayne@Polar comes to the rescue. Thanks Wayne!!!

I wish the Canadian customer service was half as good as you are!!
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent the V800 away prepaid on Oct 21/16. Sent 3 e-mails and finally got a response today saying it is repaired and will be sent back in 7-10 days. WTF? 22 days for a repair and the are going to charge me??? Garmin here I come!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah I can vouch for Wayne, helped me with my HR strap issues and sensor issues. And one great thing with Polar is they run forever. My 625x or whatever the original multisport watch is still alive, I'm using it as my bike trainer computer. My RCX5 is still running strong too and once I feel the need to replace or upgrade to the newer ones I'll consider polar on the top of my list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree the "Polar Protrainer" PC software is really good - the problem I had I switched to Apple and there is no "Polar Protrainer" software for Apple and they aren't bothering to design any. I was running Parallels for a while but updating Parallels became expensive for me to only run one PC program. I tried their online program but that sucks ass - you can't make multiple interval sessions - for running you are limited to 4 intervals. Garmin has no limits so I switched over. So if anyone is in the market I have a Polar RS800sd available :)

Its a shame that Polar refuses to integrate Apple into its platform of programs.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply