Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tendency to close one eye when running at higher efforts.
Quote | Reply
Ok, so here's a weird one. For a long time now I have been noticing a tendency for me close my left eye when running at higher intensities. It takes a conscious effort for me to keep it open and relaxed. I am wondering if anyone has noticed something similar?
Quote Reply
Re: Tendency to close one eye when running at higher efforts. [mkserge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen that before.

Although, I hang my tongue out during hard bike & run efforts (not swimming though). Helps with cooling :)

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Tendency to close one eye when running at higher efforts. [mkserge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes....i do too...not sure why but maybe sweat is rolling down into the eye???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe your right brain is working overtime keeping the legs moving fast?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has an eye doctor ever told you or mentioned you may have amblyopia? With any condition that eyesight in one eye is better than another, it is not uncommon to close the bad eye when concentrating as to limit the poor signals to the brain.
Quote Reply
Re: Tendency to close one eye when running at higher efforts. [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russ Brandt wrote:
Has an eye doctor ever told you or mentioned you may have amblyopia? With any condition that eyesight in one eye is better than another, it is not uncommon to close the bad eye when concentrating as to limit the poor signals to the brain.

This is very interesting, I haven't been officially diagnosed with amblyopia before, but it sounds very plausible. However I don't notice much of a difference between two eyes when not exercising (I am also shortsighted and wear contacts.) so I wonder if the effect is somehow more pronounced when I exercise. I'll have to kick my butt and go get them checked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not a big deal.... I noticed I involuntarily close one eye during orgasm (especially high effort Vo2 orgasms).
Quote Reply