Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me about IM Santa / Vineman
Quote | Reply
I have a good chunk of my season planned with several OLY distance races, Chatt 70.3 Steelhead 70.3 and hopefully 70.3 WC. Louisville was my first full last year and I recently asked about Florida but there was an overwhelming urge from the ST community to do Louisville again.

I'm still considering Florida, but Santa Rosa is another option. So what can I expect out there?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me about IM Santa / Vineman [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im-a-miler wrote:
I have a good chunk of my season planned with several OLY distance races, Chatt 70.3 Steelhead 70.3 and hopefully 70.3 WC. Louisville was my first full last year and I recently asked about Florida but there was an overwhelming urge from the ST community to do Louisville again.

I'm still considering Florida, but Santa Rosa is another option. So what can I expect out there?

Maybe want to ask, and read info here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/270797679981333/

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The race director post ed a video of the run from swim exit to t1. Let's just say you'll want to mix in some long hill repeats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did vineman and Louisville last year. No idea how the new course stacks up but my thoughts on the old one/area:

I loved vineman. Course was fair, not overly challenging. I was about 12 minutes faster than Louisville on the bike, even on the swim. Run had one bitch of a hill that you had to do 3 times when they changed the course last minute but other than that was OK (I say this with only doing training run on it since my bike broke on my way to A potential KQ) but I trained near Chicago and could simulate the elevation. But the experience is awesome. I love Louisville and am going back this year for the Bourbon chase, but Sonoma and Napa might be my favorite places on earth.

Expect a slightly easier doing bike (less sustained long gradual inclines than Louisville) but a bit tougher run if it's anything like the train 15 miles north west
Last edited by: Furious D: Feb 3, 17 18:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No comparison to Vineman
-Calm lake swim
-Bike course has <2700 feet gain and has a net 500 foot elevation loss in first 60 miles
-2nd 90k on bike is FLAT
-Run is FLAT

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply