Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me about Barcelona 70.3
Quote | Reply
I am going to be in Lausanne & Basel Switzerland for work from May 13th-18th. While I am currently registered to race Chattanooga 70.3 I feel like it would be a waste of an opportunity if I rushed back to the US when I can jump on a flight to Barcelona to race the 70.3 there instead. Would love to hear general thoughts on the race as well as recommendations for where to stay and what to do. Thanks in advance!

Quote | Reply
Water is really cold high 50's... last year windy made choppy ocean swim! I'm a fairly
good swimmer, make sure you are able to breath both sides because we swim 80% of
the course parallel to the beach, so you will need to switch breathing side if you don't
want to sallow water. (wetsuit of course)

The bike course is hilly and there's a long descent (middle course) like in the TDF with
very sharp turns, I use a lot of my brakes on that section it was smelling burn carbon... lol
Locals were passing me on that descent some using road bikes, I had my TT. Knowing the
course is a big plus, I only road 50% of it and not that descent... There's speed bumps so
be aware of it. (gearing a use 11-25) but I'm very good light climber... They are long climb
at the 2 of them... I don't recall where the aid stations are located but I might have took something
on the half way, top of the climb... I'm self sufficient in terms of nutrition.

The run is flat and we run a long the beach mix of road and dirty, other than the wind
nothing special to say about this loop run course.

Organization is A1, transition very secured, post race food, massage, expo very fine for a 70.3
event.

Places to stay I was with a little group that rent a house for the week, food is cheap, wine also ;)
Quote Reply