Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Technie Q: Shimano and Campy Compatability
Quote | Reply
I have the option to buy an as new set of Spinergy Rev-X's. I run Campy 10spd. The guy in the bike store who is selling them tells me that I can't put a Campy cassette on, but that I can run a Shimano 9spd cassette just as easily.

WTF??? Surely this is not an ideal solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Technie Q: Shimano and Campy Compatability [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This can be made to work but the limit screws on your exsiting training wheels may need to be adjusted when switching to these shimano wheels.

Mavic makes a 9 spd campy, shimano splined cassette as does Cycle Dynamics, TA, Wheels Manufacturing, Miche, and others.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like SuperDave said, there are cassettes that you can run - American Classic makes a 10 sp. Campy cassette for Shimano wheels, but they are not cheap.

Personally, I would wait for another set of wheels to come along.

JA
Quote Reply
Re: Technie Q: Shimano and Campy Compatability [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://wheelsmfg.com/p_10spdconversion.html

$115.00 and you are done.

10 Speed Campagnolo conversion on Shimano Compatible 9 speed Freehub
You need:
  • Campagnolo 10 spd Shifters
  • Campagnolo 10 spd chain
  • Campagnolo 10 spd derailleur

Now use your Campagnolo 10 spd shifters with your Shimano compatible Wheelsets. This fully remanufactured cassette just slides right on to your existing freehub body with no alterations needed. Each cassette comes with 10 cogs, alloy spacers, and a alloylockring. Steel cogs and alloy carrier reduce weight while producing more responsive shifting. Wheels Mfg remanufactures Ultegra or Dura Ace cassettes to Campagnolo 10 spd spacing. Due to freehub body width considerations, not every wheelset is compatible with the Accelerator 10 spd system.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy an American Classic 10 speed cassette. Fits on a shimano freehub body, and only 89$.
Quote Reply
Re: Technie Q: Shimano and Campy Compatability [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's what would happen if I bought these wheels:

Spinergy Rev-X wheels - used - $550.00 (eBay)
Wheels Manufacturing 11-23 cassette $115.00
Wheels Manufacturing 11-25 cassette $115.00
Wheels Manufacturing 11-27 cassette $115.00

Total bill: $895

Since I already own 11-23, 13-26 and 13-29 cassettes for my Campy wheelset, I would be better off taking the $900 and getting better wheels that were Campy compatible - like the HED Alps or some 404's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard a few negative things about the RevX froma friend and he says they're not particularly good for the weight. Another wheel migh be a better choice, certainly given the Campy compatibility issue. Same friend absolutely loved a HED disc and HED deep front wheel by comparison to the Rev X he normally rides.

Just my 2 cents

TriDork

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply