Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Is it normal to not have sponsors lined up ahead of applications? Otherwise, how do people know what they are applying for? If you expect your applicants to have their race schedules for 2018 already dialed in, then it seems like you should have sponsors lined up as well.

ETA - This is not unique to Zoot, but something I have noticed with a lot of these AG teams. Sure they all provide online camaraderie and a discounted tri suit for the year, however the real potential benefit is group discounts on other gear. How can an applicant make an educated decision about which team to pursue if they don't know who the sponsors will be until after they apply and pay their $200-400? If the big ticket discount for the team ends up being on Enve wheels and I don't need new wheels, then the potential benefit of being on that team is significantly eroded.

We are still finalizing Team partners but anticipate most of the previous years sponsors to return. Our initial buy in is about $150 and you get your team kit, run shirt and shorts, and some other items as part of that. So there’s no “fee” to be in the team that doesn’t provide a benefit.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Nov 15, 17 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [bikefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I threw my hat in the ring!

Love the compression tights and have had good experience in the triathlon kits I have purchased. The only feedback I recommend is an email to those who registered. At minimum, this would inform the applicant that their registration was received.

- Jason
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DesertTriGuy wrote:
I threw my hat in the ring!

Love the compression tights and have had good experience in the triathlon kits I have purchased. The only feedback I recommend is an email to those who registered. At minimum, this would inform the applicant that their registration was received.

- Jason

The first round of application were just sent out buy Zoot to the regional Team Captains. I have good news for you, Jason, I'm the Southwest Captain and I see your application. :) Keep in mind, Zoot is a small, privately owned company, we wanted to get these applications out to the Captains for review as quick as possible. Every regional Captain is responsible for selecting their members and then acceptance letters we be sent from corporate.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting! I was not aware that Zoot was a small privately owned company. Kudos to making such a large impact on the sport!

-Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went ahead and submitted something, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent one in as well Bryan...thanks for posting.

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Zoot products! Why wouldn’t i want to promote a company i already enjoy?! Yup. That’s it. I’m going for it!! Already planning to wear the Ali’i collection next year. :D Boom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump, only 3 days left to apply!

Zoot Team Captain Southeast
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Gatorade Endurance, Ottolock, Theragun, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, boco gear, Giddy Up Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think notifications were sent out today about the 2018 team. Canyon is the bike sponsor - interested to see what the team discount will be. Don’t really need a new bike, but might be tempted to jump on the Canyon wagon if the price is right.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an email saying I wasn't accepted and then a follow up email a few minutes later saying disregard the last email, but no acceptance yet. Pretty curious what's happening there. This is my first team application so I have no idea what the process or perks are but I figured I'd go ahead and apply anyways.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were all notifications sent out? I didn't hear anything one way or another.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Non-Zoot question - I have seen Boom gels but never used one. I use Power Gels, which work pretty well and are a lot better than the Clif gels for me, but I don't have a lot of experience with Boom gels. Any thoughts on using Boom gels?

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I got an email saying I wasn't accepted and then a follow up email a few minutes later saying disregard the last email, but no acceptance yet. Pretty curious what's happening there. This is my first team application so I have no idea what the process or perks are but I figured I'd go ahead and apply anyways.

Same here! No word yet on what that means though...
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
Non-Zoot question - I have seen Boom gels but never used one. I use Power Gels, which work pretty well and are a lot better than the Clif gels for me, but I don't have a lot of experience with Boom gels. Any thoughts on using Boom gels?

I have used Boom Gels for years. Only gels I have even used. They work great for me.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride Fuji's wrote:
Were all notifications sent out? I didn't hear anything one way or another.

I haven’t heard one way or the other yet either.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [I ride Fuji's] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notifications are going out from each regional captain. All she be out in the next couple days.

2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Gatorade Endurance, Ottolock, Theragun, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, boco gear, Giddy Up Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
just sent out buy Zoot..

I see what you did there. No one else seems to have caught it, so good job.
Last edited by: spookini: Dec 17, 17 4:11
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Zoot, selected.
I will do my best to represent the brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best tasting - Best performing energy gel! We have sample paks on our website http://www.boomnutrition.com. Use code "BESTTASTING" for a 15% discount on your first order. We love our multiyear relationship with Team Zoot as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates on the 2018 kits?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [MrStealYoKOMs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't been officially announced, but some teasers are out there... are you on the team?

Quote Reply
Re: Team Zoot Applications for 2018!!! [MrStealYoKOMs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here's what the guys suit looks like. The suit for the women is a bit more colorful with purple, pink & blue along with black. I was impartial to the 2017 style, but I think I like this one.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply

Prev Next