Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist?
Quote | Reply
The James Haycraft thread over here got me thinking. Why on earth is there NOT a Team Slowtwitch??? It seems that most of the teams exist to promote a brand and the team members get access to highly discounted product in return. Slowtwitch is a brand with Facebook being arguably the greatest competition going forward - some Facebook groups already have teams going like the Pathetics group. Dan has arguably the most connections in the business and should have considerable pull in getting to work with sponsors that Slowtwitch users would want to work with.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk | NEW HED JET 6+
Wheelset - $1049 or less


Blogs: QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q2 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | Best Cheap Aero Sunglasses | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Dec 6, 17 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great idea! Discounted team kits, gear!

How has no one thought of this before ?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there were slowtwitch kits for a while, that much i know.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have a OLD Slowtwitch (orange and blue) kit. I think there was a lack of interest.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every Man Dan sponsored by Velotron™
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Derekl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't know Dan made Quintanaroo deodorant?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wil there be factions within the team? Infighting? Will Dave get snowflaked? Frank Day will bandit and Paulo heckle the team from the sidelines?

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This sounds more like a weekly comic strip
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess because a team needs at least a little unity?

Indoor Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Wil there be factions within the team? Infighting? Will Dave get snowflaked? Frank Day will bandit and Paulo heckle the team from the sidelines?

I was thinking of Frank as coach and Dave as equipment manager.

What could go wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We could have:

Disc brake lovers
Vehemently anti-disc brake
I hate Cervelo
I love Cervelo
All Europeans cheat
All Americans cheat

Factions to the team, among many, many others.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
I guess because a team needs at least a little unity?


You can do:

  • Biannual Training Camps (A challenge to get everyone together but EMJ does it)
  • Team Training Challenges like 100/100
  • Specific Races Where Everyone Is Expected To Compete And Thus Gain Special Treatment From The Race (more of a challenge but brings the community together)
  • USAT Clubs National Triathlon Challenge (Easy to do online)
  • Message Board With PM Functionality And Forum (this is ST)
  • Team Coach With Team Rates (I think coaches would kill for this consistency of business)



I think this would be a great idea and I think that it should be difficult to get on the team.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
IT wrote:
I guess because a team needs at least a little unity?


You can do:

  • Biannual Training Camps (A challenge to get everyone together but EMJ does it)
  • Team Training Challenges like 100/100
  • Specific Races Where Everyone Is Expected To Compete And Thus Gain Special Treatment From The Race (more of a challenge but brings the community together)
  • USAT Clubs National Triathlon Challenge (Easy to do online)
  • Message Board With PM Functionality And Forum (this is ST)
  • Team Coach With Team Rates (I think coaches would kill for this consistency of business)



I think this would be a great idea and I think that it should be difficult to get on the team.

Yes, it should be difficult!

After adding the much desired "Thumbs-up/Thumbs Down" feature to Slowtwitch, membership eligibility would be determined by the UP/DOWN ration on your posts. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to steal my idea! (just kidding)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6471702#p6471702

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan can't afford to order that many trucker hats.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the_thief wrote:
Dan can't afford to order that many trucker hats.

Crap, I missed out on the trucker hat order?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only the most egregious aero sinners need apply.

Presenting... the Slowtwitch branded round bottle!
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is there not a Team Gerlach? Andy Potts, Chris McDonald and AJ Baucco have fielded teams in recent years.

You could offer special deals to your team members to the sponsors already listed in your signature. As you develop a brand more potential sponsors can come on board which would benefit you as an athlete.

Based on the content of your blog and posts here you could make your niche be a group that thinks outside of the box and finds some creative solutions. This could potentially open doors with supporters who aren't currently in the multisport market but could benefit from getting involved. Just some food for thought...
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
The James Haycraft thread over here got me thinking. Why on earth is there NOT a Team Slowtwitch??? It seems that most of the teams exist to promote a brand and the team members get access to highly discounted product in return. Slowtwitch is a brand with Facebook being arguably the greatest competition going forward - some Facebook groups already have teams going like the Pathetics group. Dan has arguably the most connections in the business and should have considerable pull in getting to work with sponsors that Slowtwitch users would want to work with.

Because way back then, Slowtwitch was a Tribe.

But Times Change.
We have gotten or grown so far away from the Original, everything should be possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [kbd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kbd wrote:
Why is there not a Team Gerlach? Andy Potts, Chris McDonald and AJ Baucco have fielded teams in recent years.

You could offer special deals to your team members to the sponsors already listed in your signature. As you develop a brand more potential sponsors can come on board which would benefit you as an athlete.

Based on the content of your blog and posts here you could make your niche be a group that thinks outside of the box and finds some creative solutions. This could potentially open doors with supporters who aren't currently in the multisport market but could benefit from getting involved. Just some food for thought...

I would consider running it with Kiley ;)

Being serious, the main reason I haven't done teams in the past is I don't like pushing things I don't believe in. Being locked in that contract where you sign "I will not say anything that is even ever so slightly disparaging about XYZ its products, services, etc" simply doesn't work for my ethos. That doesn't mean bashing them, but when I get a warning for this post and I am asked to take it down from a sponsorship manager that pisses me off. I test things for my own curiosity and am searching for my own free speed and frankly companies should like that I actually test other things than just their products. It gives me a foundation to provide better feedback and it also gives me that niche you describe.

I do recognize how important the team culture and structure is and how everyday it is more and more important. Thinking about that ProFundMe, it is crazy that she thinks she has something to offer in triathlon. We are a me-me-me sport and professionals have very little influence, nor in this particular sport do you have the time to go full bore on sponsorship when these team essentially have someone working more or less full time on it. It is simply about efficiency at some point. Individual athletes are the mom-and-pop shops, while the teams are the Amazon's of the world.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk | NEW HED JET 6+
Wheelset - $1049 or less


Blogs: QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q2 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | Best Cheap Aero Sunglasses | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d rock a slowtwitch onesie and/or a trucker hat. Fuck, this forum has helped me enormously to flatten the learning curve.

Then again...is Dan wanting a “winning team”...because unless there is a fight at the end of the race, not sure i can help there.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [the_thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the_thief wrote:
Dan can't afford to order that many trucker hats.

I guess what would the hat look like. Would it be a big logo on the front then a slogan on the back that reads "where your seat is always too high and your cranks are too long"


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk | NEW HED JET 6+
Wheelset - $1049 or less


Blogs: QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q2 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | Best Cheap Aero Sunglasses | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming by 'a big logo in the font' you mean:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._getting_P2888355-6/
Quote Reply
Re: Team Slowtwitch - Why does this NOT exist? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Only the most egregious aero sinners need apply.

Presenting... the Slowtwitch branded round bottle!

I am definitely going to be on the aero sinner faction
Quote Reply

Prev Next