Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte
Quote | Reply
Tour de France Grand Depart is over the border in Dusseldorf. Interesting that 20 years after Jan Ullrich won in 1997, he is not invited back due to his history of doping during that time. Most of the current German riders are saying, "cut him some slack".....but OK OK, on to the action.

Who comes out with the Yellow jersey after the 14K ITT

• Dennis = On TT form after the Tour de Suisse TT win
  • Martin = 4xWorld ITT Champion....wants the yellow Jersey in Germany
  • Froome = May want to show his form (or now)
  • Porte = TTing on fire at the Dauphine
  • Bardet = Will take the usual team France "off the podium" positions
  • Dan Martin = Off the podium but near the front. Will set himself up for an overall decent GC
  • Contador = Will lose the Tour de France tomorrow, unless he got a good steak tonite (seriously though his TT at Dauphine was great)
  • Quintana = At least he won't be able to blame any time losses on the hideously slow Giro Pink Skin Suits, but he will start Sunday with a 20+ second deficit
  • Peter Sagan = Will do the entire ITT doing a Wheelie and still be faster than the fastest pro triathlete could do this
  • Aru + Fuglang Astana smackdown = Does Astana decide team leader tomorrow or halfway through the tour on the Monte du Chat (the "Cat climb" used on the Dauphine)

What do you guys think? Who is going to show up with round water bottles and Gatorskins and get ST scorn? Is Jan going on a ride with Riis and Indurain to talk smack about the 95-96-97 tours and how awesome it was when it was the full juicer's podiums? I really do feel the the blood passport is making the racing a bit more even and "un predictable". Riders are showing flashes of being human, so weakness and breaking in every grand tour.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dennis isn't racing
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phinney shows everyone that he's back and scorches TT. Wishful thinking. I am picking Dennis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
unless he got a good steak tonite

are we still doing this?

*sighs*
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony Martin will unleash some serious wattage for the win.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Jun 30, 17 6:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castroviejo has to be in with a shout, ¿no te parece?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Tony Martin will unleash some serious wattage for the win.
This. I think the gc guys will hold back just a touch not to be in yellow in the first day.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Primoz Roglic for a top 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ladbrokes have Froome at 50/1, Porte at 25/1, Martin at 2/1 and Roglic at 11/4.

Does 50/1 not seem fairly generous? 1/4 odds for top 3 each way too....

Blog: http://www.coopstriblog.wordpress.com
Latest blog: Setting Goals. With or Without Gin.
Date: 10/31/2017
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally wishful thinking, but this year is the best chance since who knows when (Sastre? the late '80's?) for someone like Dan Martin or Bardet (a frenchman?!) to come out of the woodwork and sneak the win. Martin just needs to not do his standard maneuver of losing buckets of time in the first half of the race that he has to claw back later!
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [jac2689] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jac2689 wrote:
Ladbrokes have Froome at 50/1, Porte at 25/1, Martin at 2/1 and Roglic at 11/4.

Does 50/1 not seem fairly generous? 1/4 odds for top 3 each way too....

They must be assuming that Froome will go hard enough to be near the front but will hold back so as not to get the yellow tomorrow and have to "defend". Since there are no time bonuses on ITT stages, it seems it would be logical to just pull back the throttle to stay a few seconds off of yellow. Tomorrow should be fun to watch. I suppose I better get my act together and figure out which media outlet is covering it in Ontario Canada this year!!!!

Edit: Looks like Sportsnet1 has daily coverage here in Ontario and tomorrow is a 4 hour live show. Awesome....I'm already subscribed!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jun 30, 17 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree. showing off at home and nothing to save himself for. he's going to bury himself on stage 1.
Last edited by: giorgitd: Jun 30, 17 20:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm need to pick 1 of Aru or Fugslang for my velogames league. Which one to pick.....

(I'm leaning Fugslang, but would appreciate opinions)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Van Emden or Roglic for stage 1, with Porte the best GC. Froome and Contador to tie on the same time, about 15 seconds behind Porte. Quintana to lose near a minute to Porte. Tony Martin to miss the win by less than a second.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Porte or Froome end up winning it's going to be fascinating to see how much of their time would be down to this first ITT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope for Switzerlands Stephan Küng. He is the guy who could replace Fabian for us.
Has got a similar profile.
Would be crazy ti take yellow on his first Tour day ever.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [toecutter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toecutter wrote:
Van Emden or Roglic for stage 1, with Porte the best GC. Froome and Contador to tie on the same time, about 15 seconds behind Porte. Quintana to lose near a minute to Porte. Tony Martin to miss the win by less than a second.

Van Emden to win: too short for Martin but he will be close.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
If Porte or Froome end up winning it's going to be fascinating to see how much of their time would be down to this first ITT.

Or if Quintana loses. Does he lose the TdF today? Based on is Giro, this and Marseilles is where he loses this stage race (or if he can't follow Froome's crazy downhill attack after Galibier on the way to Serre Chevalier on week 3.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
I hope for Switzerlands Stephan Küng. He is the guy who could replace Fabian for us.
Has got a similar profile.
Would be crazy ti take yellow on his first Tour day ever.

King Küng certainly has the power. He is an impressive rider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many stages before we say, "Huh, maybe Team Sky really was using motors"?

Only half kidding.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was Sagan really listening to Eye of the Tiger as he was warming up?
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure he also just swung all the way to the left of the road to draft a tram. haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics of Quintana? updated position? didn't a ST member claim to have his team's ear with regard to Quintana's position and equipment choices? would like to see any influenced changes!

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure why NBC here in the USA has commentators that have problem following the race.
They have no clue about placing even though they have access to the clock in a time trail.

Just sad for the sport.

With this weather the winner will either be from Belgium or the Netherlands.
Quote Reply
Re: TdF Stage 1 (spoilers): Dusseldorf Grand Depart-Martin-Froome-Dennis-Porte [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help, even the weather is better than the german ARD commentators ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply

Prev Next