Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tahoe bike crash
Quote | Reply
On my way out of Squaw from T2 this morning, word was a bad bike crash had happened right by transition. I saw several aid cars with sirens blaring. Any word on injuries?
I'm bummed we didn't get to race today, as I've been waiting a year to redeem my broken shoulder from IMLT 2013.
I hope everyone is ok.
Oh, it's 11 am and raining here in Truckee. FWIW.
See you next year.

Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go...
Quote Reply
Re: Tahoe bike crash [strtezbckoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is he us okay. Riding back to Squaw and one of his transition bags got caught in the spokes and he flipped over the handlebars. Bad road rash and concussion, but nothing broken. Based on his face and sunglasses, they took the brunt of the fall. He was lucky. #1247 I believe

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: Tahoe bike crash [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snyderman wrote:
My understanding is he us okay. Riding back to Squaw and one of his transition bags got caught in the spokes and he flipped over the handlebars. Bad road rash and concussion, but nothing broken. Based on his face and sunglasses, they took the brunt of the fall. He was lucky. #1247 I believe

Saw a guy riding up 89 with one transition bag balanced on his aerobars and one dangling from his wrist. Was amazed he made it that far. It had to have been the same guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Tahoe bike crash [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't fix stupid.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tahoe bike crash [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly not a wise move, but people were shell shocked and were trying to figure out how to get their bikes back to T2. Lots of people riding back from Lake Tahoe to Squaw. It was dangerous with traffic, smoke conditions and gear bags. This place is depressing

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: Tahoe bike crash [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just like the woman I passed up $hill in big ring wobbling in and out white line. It was quite comical but I did tell her to get into small ring LOL

The harder the challenge, the more fruitful the reward!
Quote Reply