Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx i-Vortex Trainer - opinions welcome
Quote | Reply
Wanted to poll the audience & see if anyone has used, or has an opinion on the TACX I Vortex VR trainer. They are on sale @ Competitive for $550 (TTR 4 Basic), and may be a good time to pick one up....but if it subpar to other VR systems, it would be great to learn ahead of time! Just looking to add some variety to my indoor training, currently on a Kinetic Road Machine.

Thanks in advance for you input,
Allen Morrison
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx i-Vortex Trainer - opinions welcome [AMorrisonEVO5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMorrisonEVO5 wrote:
Wanted to poll the audience & see if anyone has used, or has an opinion on the TACX I Vortex VR trainer. They are on sale @ Competitive for $550 (TTR 4 Basic), and may be a good time to pick one up....but if it subpar to other VR systems, it would be great to learn ahead of time! Just looking to add some variety to my indoor training, currently on a Kinetic Road Machine.

Thanks in advance for you input,
Allen Morrison

Try our software http://www.veloreality.com. It works with KK assuming that you have at least combined ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor. Having power meter will be even better. Of course you can not control resistance of KK with computer and if this is important for you think of biting the bullet and going for KICKR. Way better choice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that this will be a huge help but I've used both Tacx's i-Genius and Bushido and thought they both work great. Personally liked it much more than Computrainer but that's just me. The one thing to be sure if that you have a PC and not Mac. The ones I used did not work with Mac's, but they may have changed by now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used a Fortius for 2 winters...

TTS gets horrible reviews, I've had pretty good luck with it. Clean install on a PC used exclusively for TTS is probably best.

The first year, I used the RLVs a lot, was cool to ride up a virtual Alpe d'Huez...and then ride up the real thing later in the summer and recognize stuff from the videos.

This year, I've mainly just used the equivalent of Erg mode, and watched TV. Kind of a waste.

Friend got a Kickr, seems like a better alternative...
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx i-Vortex Trainer - opinions welcome [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input here....I appreciate it!
Quote Reply