Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Vortex Pairing/erg Issue w/ Zwift
Quote | Reply
Having some trouble with my relatively new Vortex. Hard to describe what I'm seeing, but I'll give it a shot. Most of the trouble shooting is early in the morning or late at night trying to squeeze my ride in, so I admit I haven't been patient trying to figure it out.

It pairs with my laptop on Zwift. It shows to be there. But the resistance doesn't change during the ride. My power is read through my P1 pedals, so I still see varying power. But there is no erg mode. Was all working fine before. Everything appears to be checked off to run erg mode. I've also noticed that it used to show "Tacx 402930 (or some number)" when it paired, but the last time it just showed "tacx 100". Not sure if that has happened regularly while this issue is happening or just that particular time.

I also can't get it to pair up with my phone to check for updates or calibrate. I can unplug it, restart the utility app, etc. and sometimes it will pop up as an available Bluetooth device. But by the time I get the utility app open, it's dropped again and I can't see it anymore. I cannot calibrate, update, adjust resistance, or anything. Half the time I have trouble even getting it to pop up in available devices.

I've emailed Tacx support since I can't seem to find a number and their response today seemed like it was mostly, close all the apps and start over. At work so haven't had a chance to try, but I feel like I may have done everything they asked already (just in a less organized manner). I have a feeling there is something more and don't feel like playing email tag for weeks to get this fixed/replaced.
Quote Reply