Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo with trainerroad power match
Quote | Reply
Does anyone in here run a Tacx Neo paired with a power meter on trainerroad and could give me some feedback.

Currently using a wahoo in the same configuration but looking to change.

Thanks.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo with trainerroad power match [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:
Does anyone in here run a Tacx Neo paired with a power meter on trainerroad and could give me some feedback.

Thanks.

I use a Neo with a Stages. I set powermatch to manual.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo with trainerroad power match [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:

Thanks.

I just got a Neo yesterday and did my first ride on it. My first test wasn't a good protocol: I often use TR and Zwift at the same time, mainly having TR control the trainer and just broadcasting power, cadence and HR to Zwift. However, yesterday I wanted to experience the cobbles on the Neo, so I let both control it, which resulted in a good ride but one that went way over the power that TR wanted. Will try again while having only TR control it.

BTW, in my pre-workout setup test, the Neo and my Quarq had very similar numbers, so I may not need PowerMatch on at all. Will try some a/b experiments on this in the next few days.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo with trainerroad power match [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
BTW, in my pre-workout setup test, the Neo and my Quarq had very similar numbers, so I may not need PowerMatch on at all. Will try some a/b experiments on this in the next few days.

When I first got my Neo ran my Vector pedals in parallel to the Neo/Zwift for a few weeks. The ride summary data (AP/NP) was always identical between the two, and the real-time wattage was always within a couple of watts so I'm pretty confident in the accuracy of the Neo.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo with trainerroad power match [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It matches exactly with my quarq so I haven't used power match.
Quote Reply