Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo Smart
Quote | Reply
I'm confused on how to assemble this trainer. Has anybody else had problems or am I missing something.

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart [CoreyLMay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is the issue here; it comes assembled - all you need to do is to pull the wings down until u hear click, then put casette onto the freehub and connected to mains

(if you so inclined i would recommend greasing the axle of the freehub; which is done very easily; it can be done post casette installation but easier to do it without)
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart [CoreyLMay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cassette installation was a bit of a head scratcher for me but I got it all figured out after a couple of minutes of trying. The narrow groove I typically use on the Shimano Freehubs was nowhere to be found but a little tinkering got everything on once it was aligned correctly.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So your Tacx Neo had the original Edco Universal freehub? I had read that recent production units were now being supplied with a Shimano freehub.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo Smart [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ms6073 wrote:
So your Tacx Neo had the original Edco Universal freehub? I had read that recent production units were now being supplied with a Shimano freehub.

Mines got the Edco Universal. Got it in late December. It's got markings of where to slide the large cutouts for Shimano vs Campy. Not exactly difficult. Great trainer. Whisper quiet and really does a great job of simulating real-world riding in CycleOps Virtual Trainer and Zwift. Damn thing can put out more resistance than my legs can handle. Think I actually need to get a 32 tooth cassette before I tackle the Zoncolan and the like.
Quote Reply