Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Flux dead
Quote | Reply
Not even a month and my Tacx Flux is dead. Serious rubbing and grinding noise inside. I know others have had the same issues. Should I trust a replacement or just give it up and go Kickr?
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flux dead [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many Km's did you put into it? I just got mine and have been doing a few rides (70km so far) and waiting for it to pack up....hope its not the case because its a great piece of kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flux dead [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 150 miles. Most days it is still warm enough to ride outside.
Last edited by: seeyouincourt: Jan 26, 17 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go for a kickr or check out the cycleops Hammer. Really impressive trainer.
I don't think Tacx got the flux issues under control yet.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking as someone who had the same problem, this is a very well known issue. The best place to follow what's going on is either through DC Rainmaker's review comments section:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/12/tacx-flux-trainer-depth-review.html

Or through the Tacx Flux owner's group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1246355348749602/?fref=nf

I would contact Tacx support at support@tacx.com as a first step.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that didn't take long. Amazon was great about getting me another one, but that one failed spectacularly in less than an hour of use; this one went from noise, to burning smell, to slippage in a manner of seconds, right after a climb in zwift. I've honestly received better products from a kickstarter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
Not even a month and my Tacx Flux is dead. Serious rubbing and grinding noise inside. I know others have had the same issues. Should I trust a replacement or just give it up and go Kickr?

Amazon reviews are pretty much all terrible and describe the same issues.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Flux dead [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't raining so much in Northern California this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Standard fair for Tacx equipment.
Incredible amount of problems and they will fob you off with bullshit of it being fixed with the next software update, never is, and then the warranty runs out.

I'll never buy anything Tacx again.
The Tacx forums show it pretty well, everybody just wants equipment that does what it says on the box, it never does and it never will.
Every time you go to use it there is a new update to suck you in and after an hour or so you finally get going and then you find that not only is the old problem not fixed but they have introduced a new one.
Their code is terrible.
Their backup unless it actually goes up in smoke is terrible.

But they are nice and quiet, the only thing going for them.
It's a shame really, because everything is there if they can just code properly.
Most of the hardware failures are software driven, they just haven't got a clue how to make good robust code that does what they promise it will.
Get yourself a computrainer, it will still be going in 20 years from now.
Quote Reply