Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Bushido Smart
Quote | Reply
Now that the Bushido is ANT+ FE-C (essentially open ANT that allows control of the trainer via 3rd party programs) ... I am very very interested. At its UK price point it seems like the best deal going. I am looking for a little feedback from Bushido owners as to the "road feel" of the device. I would bite the bullet and buy a KICKR if I wasn't running a powertap hub meter. I know all about KICKRs power discrepancies and would like to avoid it. I have also seen the KICKR SNAP due to be released and like it, but at $300 more than a Bushido I don't know what the advantage is other than maybe support for more than the Tacx.

Currently I use Zwift and Trainer Road. Both of which will be supported with the Bushido Smart update. I read DC Rainmakers reviews and nothing is standing out at me as a red flag. I read a couple negative reviews, but this was before ANT+ FE-C ... Curious what people have to say. The only negative review that makes me worry is someone who said at high grade resistance the unit kept saying it was overheating and limiting the resistance...

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Bushido Smart [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread was also started a little while ago (when the FE-C was announced): http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5599941

Sorry to not have a lot to add with respect to the validity of purchasing the trainer. I've been on the fence about an ERG trainer for a little while but likely want to find something decent in the $500-600 range or else I will just buy another power meter and put it on a second bike.

Bushido sounded interesting but I had seen various issues with the unit's connectivity. I also debate if the "feel" and accuracy is acceptable (maybe someone will chime into one of these threads). It seems like most are still rocking the CompuTrainer or KICKR at the moment with limited people riding the alternatives -- BKOOL, Powerbeam, Vortex, Bushido...
Quote Reply