Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TV coverage of Kona
Quote | Reply
Are there live coverages of Kona on cable or on the web? If so, where do I look for them?
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironman.com the day of has a "LIVE COVERAGE" section. You'll be able to stream the event that way and see whats unfolding. Last year they also had a Quarq race tracking system which I found useful on my tablet in addition to the video coverage.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they have a Roku channel? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no Day-Of TV - as noted there is as there has been for many years now, live stream coverage from ironman.com.

I am sure the NBC TV show will follow along in a few weeks, typically sometime about a month after the race.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the guide on my Directv, they are showing this year's race the following day on the 9th. Typically its been shown 4-5 weeks after the event in the last few years. I was surprised to see a following day coverage but glad it was already set to record!
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
According to the guide on my Directv, they are showing this year's race the following day on the 9th. Typically its been shown 4-5 weeks after the event in the last few years. I was surprised to see a following day coverage but glad it was already set to record!

It's not being shown the next day. The air date is still TBA.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:

What channel is it scheduled to be aired on your DTV?
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited to listen to Greg Welch talk about Gatorade whilst something important is happening, and being ignored, in the race.
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Stelvio wrote:

It's not being shown the next day. The air date is still TBA.

Why are you doubting me, I'm only telling you what I saw. Its right here in the guide and Directv already set it to auto record. It may not be correct, but I did not say it was. He is what it says:

Triathlon
NEW!
Tape:Saturday, October 8th
From Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. Read More

There is no additional information in the read more link above. On the TV it says original air date 10/8/16 but that is not correct.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Stelvio wrote:

What channel is it scheduled to be aired on your DTV?

NBC Sports channel 220 4:30-5:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have a program in the schedule for 10/9 4:30pm listed on NBC Sports as "Ironman 70.3 World Championship". Not sure if that's the Kona coverage or old 70.3 WC.
Last edited by: dalava: Sep 29, 16 7:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They certainly could have it mixed up but my guide and auto record says Kailua-Kona and taped October 8th.

Last months 70.3 Worlds would be more in line with the norm of broadcasting 4-5 weeks later.

I did a quick search on NBC Sports and their guide shows it as from Kailua-Kona as well:

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/...001679?aid=nbcsports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was doing a triathlon search on Time Warner and found the same thing as you. Gut tells me no. Recorder set. Only time will really tell but I would watch either Kona or the World 70.3 championship.
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [triguy1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Maybe this will become more clear in the next week or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we will see Jodie Swallow will get knocked off her bike by a helicopter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I predict that his year there will be no complaints about the coverage or the commentary...
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
I'm excited to listen to Greg Welch talk about Gatorade whilst something important is happening, and being ignored, in the race.
Yeah.

What grates on me the most is repeated references to "the sport of ironman" every few minutes. No. The sport is triathlon. Ironman is a brand. There is no ironman sport no more than there's a Tour de France sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although it's definitely not TV, there should also be something like https://ironstats.org/...-iron-MPRO-live.html on ironstats.org web site
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recommendation for everyone that wants to follow the race... watch the live stream. It may not be great but I've found that the NBC special has been really watered down with too much AG stories (which is not bad, it's actually pretty inspiring and great show), and a very basic recap of the actual race.

If you want to tune in for the race itself. Tune in to the IM live stream
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:

If, like the rest of us, you are going to be spending up to 10 hours on and off watching on Saturday, do you really need to to watch a one hour edited version on Sunday?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, only if Al is narrating for some sick reason.
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't be watching online on Saturday. I'm busy the whole duration of the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Semi Hearsay (but what isn't on ST?) I have the 10/9 NBCS broadcast written down on the calendar (I don't remember the source) as 2016 IM 70.3 World's from Mooloolaba. A friend in UK said yesterday that she was watching "Ironman Australia" with Ryf and Lawrence. This must have been IM70.3 worlds (she's not a Tri person, just looking for my wife) being shown on UK TV earlier than here.
Quote Reply
Re: TV coverage of Kona [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

Yeah.

What grates on me the most is repeated references to "the sport of ironman" every few minutes. No. The sport is triathlon. Ironman is a brand. There is no ironman sport no more than there's a Tour de France sport.

Well said, old sport

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not doubting you. I'm just saying the broadcast is not the next day. For one, it's impossible from a production standpoint. Literally impossible.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next