Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT Garmin mount on Speed Concept with BTA
Quote | Reply
Obviously there is a huge thread on the new Speed Concept but I feel as though it would just get lost in there so I'm starting a new thread.

Is anyone running a BTA bottle (Bontrager rail but not the cage) and found a Garmin mount that works? I've tried the Zipp and it sits too close to the bottle, making it difficult to get it in and out. The Tate Labs Bar Fly TT looks like it *might* work as it doesnt have the set-back like the Zipp and the K-Edge mount looks like you can flip the set-back either way. I'd rather not drop $100 on a couple mounts and then be stuck with them so I'm wondering if anyone has ran across this same issue and found a solution. Pittsburgh LBS don't really stock much in the way of TT/Tri stuff so not much hope of finding local.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Garmin mount on Speed Concept with BTA [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the BarFly TT mount and have had no issues. I've been using it for over a year now. Love it!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Bontrager BTA bracket with an XLAB cage and the Barfly TT mount. It works perfectly with my garmin 1000. I recently switched to the ergo bend from the S bend and it worked well on both extensions. I can put 22 oz bottles between my arms and see the screen perfectly.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: TT Garmin mount on Speed Concept with BTA [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a bar fly tt mount and don't have any issues. My bottle does sit pretty close to the computer but I have no issues getting in and out as I tend to pull the bottle up (vertically) and out at the same time. If I just pulled the bottle out horizontally, it would hit the computer. I run the bontrager mount with an xlab torpedo cage. Make sure the mount and torpedo is as rearward (towards your chest) as possible.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're ok without being able to actually grip your aerobar? And no offense, but that looks horrible with all that crap around the bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same situation almost...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a Profile Design USM mount, and put it up high. Cheap, easy, and what tons of other people do.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Garmin mount on Speed Concept with BTA [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem gripping the bars where I need to.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a K-Edge mount in front of an XLAB Torpedo 400 BTA (on the Bontrager rail), which has worked very well. The pic below is with my Edge 500, but it works the same with my new Edge 520.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Profile Design aero bridge. It works perfectly and is cheap.

Quote | Reply
How centered is the barfly tt on the monobar? OCD about those kinda things
Quote Reply