Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT/Tri bikes at US Masters Nationals
Quote | Reply
The US Cycling masters's national event is in odgen next month. I was reviewing the usa cycling site, seems like they hvae not published the bikes permitted at the event for the masters tt.
i recall for 2014 they disregarded the 3:1 rule and let in bikes like the Shiv Tri, the Felt IA, Specialized transition, and some others, those that exceed the 3:1 ratios permittede by UCI.
They also had a modified 75cm rule . basically, they softened the more restrictive UCI requirements and rules.
this is clearly stated in the 2014 rules book.

anyway, its like 5 weeks to nationals and they have yet to publish official bike requirements for a national event to be help in 4 weeks.
seems very late to tell riders what is legal or illegal to ride, etc. to expect riders to be able to make change in such a short time frame.

anyone know about any of this? any knowledge if these bikes in excess of 3:1 will be permitted such as the spec shiv Tri, the felt IA, and others.
Thanks for your thoughts in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: TT/Tri bikes at US Masters Nationals [spgtwice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see them changing the rules completely because Masters can really bitch about buying a new bike and then finding out it isn't legal.:-)

Your best bet is probably to see who the technical person for USA cycling is and send them an email. Getting a reply from them is your best bet because if there are any question you just show them their previous response. Last year they said they wouldn't enforce the level seat requirement but they started checking for this at the original tech session. Then the morning of the race they sent out an email saying "oops, sorry about that, level seat rule doesn't apply". Always best to get it in writing.
Quote Reply