Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TRI Tats For Age Groupers
Quote | Reply
Tri Tats (race number temporary tattoos) on Age Groupers. Douche move or acceptable?
Last edited by: NeverEnough: Aug 27, 14 18:45
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who the hell cares?
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I agree, I just don't think we have discussed enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aftereffector wrote:
Who the hell cares?

There have been multi page threads on carrying a bucket into transition. Why would this topic not qualify for a yes douche/no douche vote? Actually, I don't need an answer. Question stands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Tri Tats on Age Groupers. Douche move or acceptable?

Rev3 does it, ITU does it. And it wouldn't be the most ridiculous thing a triathlete has spent money on :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tats on people. Douche move.

Enjoy the multi thousand dollar tat removal costs when society changes their mind and tats stop being cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aftereffector wrote:
Who the hell cares?

X2

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Tri Tats on Age Groupers. Douche move or acceptable?

No worse than writing numbers on arms with sharpie, or the dozen or so other things we do to feel like "real competitors."

===================================
I'll tell you all right now, my seat is too low, I'm not aero and I carry too much fluid on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it depends on the race. If it's AG Nats where it's required, sure. But kinda cheesy at the local sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

Enjoy the multi thousand dollar tat removal costs when society changes their mind and tats stop being cool.

What, not the how ugly that tat will look when you get older, thus you'll regret it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

Oh I thought the OP meant race numbers, not M-Dots :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

Oh I thought the OP meant race numbers, not M-Dots :)

You were right…..Race numbers, not M-Dots
Quote Reply
Post deleted by malfara [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: malfara: Aug 27, 14 17:43
Quote | Reply
I love threads like these because to me it shows who is the real douche. The people who care what another is doing for the race or during the race or hell even after the race that doesn't concern them have nothing better to do than belittle another's choices.

If you want to wear a race tat, wear one, I personally like them as they add class to an event. If you want a real tattoo get one, I have one and it is very important to me and I promise I won't regret is when I'm old. If you want a 26.2, 70.3 or 140.6 sticker for your car get one and screw those who don't like it or think you're a douche, yep I have them all and they are very special to me because they remind me of what I'm doing and why.

The real douche is the one who points it out and doesn't know the reasoning behind the choice and then thinks they're better than you because they don't have that or that it is beneath them. As someone said in another thread, that's the problem with ST, you can't have an opinion or do something without being mocked for no other reason than for people to make themselves feel better.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#bingo

-Alex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
I love threads like these because to me it shows who is the real douche. The people who care what another is doing for the race or during the race or hell even after the race that doesn't concern them have nothing better to do than belittle another's choices.

If you want to wear a race tat, wear one, I personally like them as they add class to an event. If you want a real tattoo get one, I have one and it is very important to me and I promise I won't regret is when I'm old. If you want a 26.2, 70.3 or 140.6 sticker for your car get one and screw those who don't like it or think you're a douche, yep I have them all and they are very special to me because they remind me of what I'm doing and why.

The real douche is the one who points it out and doesn't know the reasoning behind the choice and then thinks they're better than you because they don't have that or that it is beneath them. As someone said in another thread, that's the problem with ST, you can't have an opinion or do something without being mocked for no other reason than for people to make themselves feel better.

I was thinking about using them for an upcoming race (read that finisherpix computer can ID you easier, so you get more photos to choose from)….and was curious what others thought. It's pretty sad I care about the opinions of others on something like tri-tat race numbers…..but I guess I just don't want to be the guy showing up with a bucket and my picture being plastered on a ST forum and belittled by people I don't know. What the f is wrong with me?!?! I really shouldn't care!! Screw it, I am getting them and plastering them all over my face, legs, arms, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: TRI Tats For Age Groupers [Kentucky Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kentucky Mac wrote:
I guess it depends on the race. If it's AG Nats where it's required, sure. But kinda cheesy at the local sprint.

Our local sprint series now includes them as part of your race pack, just standard fare. The real issue is not whether a race uses tri-tats or a sharpie, it is why have any race markings at all. We beat this to death in another thread and I believe the consensus view is that they are an unnecessary anocronysm.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Aug 27, 14 18:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:

This !

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only should TRI Tats not be used, but we should stop writing numbers in sharpie on our arms and legs. Just seems ridiculous.

Quote | Reply
While I personally like them, along with AG of the right calf, with a lot of people wearing compression, you can't see them. I like seeing the AG of people who go by and noting "yup, half my age", "yup, 1/3 my age". And, I wear short sleeved jersies so you can't read my number anyway.

Oh, and the last event I was at, they supplied them but they must have bought the economy brand because they didn't stick and were just a mess.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

He was referring to the temporary ones they use at some races....

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fine. Certainly no worse than "ITU suits" with their name on it. If you want to do it, do it.

Personally I hate the tri-tats since they are hard to get off and take all the surrounding hair with them when they go (ouch!).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
aftereffector wrote:
Who the hell cares?

There have been multi page threads on carrying a bucket into transition. Why would this topic not qualify for a yes douche/no douche vote? Actually, I don't need an answer. Question stands.

Was it an ice bucket? (Wait, this isn't the LR?)

Proud Representative of Slowtwitch Anti-Atheists Society.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

judging and making assumptions while hiding behind an alias on a triathlon forum...douche move.

Bryn Mawr Running Company
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spot on.... my thoughts exactly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next