TOM TOM Multisport Cardio
Quote | Reply

Any love for these watches out there ?

Very close to buying one

Thoughts ?
Quote Reply
Re: TOM TOM Multisport Cardio [erik haas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have one and love it. Syncs seamlessly with Strava, has great battery life and, contrary to some reviews, the longest that it has ever taken for my watch to find a signal in a new location is 20 seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a tad under rated. Only thing is that you can probably find Garmin 910 at lower price which might be a better bang for the buck.
Quote Reply
Re: TOM TOM Multisport Cardio [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More love for it. If it's been synched recently, it stores GPS satellite info to get a signal fast, like putting-on-my-shoes-with speedlaces fast.

Mine was crashing/turning off during activites at about 7 months old, but I contacted support and they were very helpful at re-setting, working better than ever. I love that it syncs via Bluetooth to my phone (and then auto-uploads to Strava).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No love here, sold mine and got a Polar V800. Much happier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife had a multisports standard. As far as I know it's the same watch minus the HR sensor.

Love / hate relationship. She now uses a V800.
- No openwater swim mode.
- No triathlon mode (only individual sports)
- Excessively long GPS acquisition. Once took over 20min, usually in the 2-3min range (in comparison, my Ambit 2S is usually in the 5s on a bad day).
- After 18 months, it started showing erratic behaviour. Random shut downs. Time warping back and forth, dates changing then reverting back.

However... for the money we initially spent on it, it was still worth it. My daughter still uses it. I'd still double check however if you can't find a discounted Ambit 2S somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: TOM TOM Multisport Cardio [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition to the ones above
- No power meter support
- No indoor trainer support
- No good lap button (triggered by rain/clothes) and laps only in separate lap mode
- Can no see the upper 2 data fields while running :-)
- Can't use any data on any field on screen
- Worst web site ever, but can be ignored
+ Strava update and all sessions to local files on computer
+ Accurate GPS
Fine, I suppose, if you can live with the above, but NOT worth the 300€ I paid. Ok for 100-150€ IMHO and that's what I sold it for.
Quote Reply
Re: TOM TOM Multisport Cardio [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to add that the day it took her over 20min to get GPS was on a race day (a trail 10km - the start was in an open field, so trees were not the culprits). She was NOT a happy camper. (she did finish first woman still :) )
Last edited by: lordhong: May 28, 15 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
erik haas wrote:

Any love for these watches out there ?

Very close to buying one

Thoughts ?

Tested one about 6 months ago, bought one last week. Love it. Almost feel guilty not wearing the chest strap anymore. Where I live the GPS is more accurate on the tomtom than Garmin. Better battery life, better price. Can pick up HR in the water.

Badig| Strava

Quote Reply