Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TBF Racing: Sacramento Area Tri Gem
Quote | Reply
I just raced TBF-Racing's first Tri-4-Real race (Olympic distance), and would like to plug the race. For those of you in the San Francisco Bay Area, TBF offers over a dozen races over the year in and around Sacramento. After all, with the UC Davis and CSU Sacramento Triathlon clubs, the Davis SLWW Mad Cows, and Sacramento Tri Club in the area, the demand is there. If you haven't checked it out, try the next Tri-4-Real race on July 13.

Compared to say, Wildflower (think lake with camping), the race would entail a shorter driving trip, be less costly, less likely to sell out prior to race-day, and have considerably better food. Plus it's a lot flatter! There's bike support in transition with pumps, tubes, etc. and if you should happen to have driven all the way out, and suddenly discover that you've forgotten your helmet at home, fear not! They have loaners!

Seeing as I'm about to leave the area, I've thought a lot about how much I'm going to miss the entire experience of TBF's races (some races have live bands). The next best thing is to pass the experience on to other people.

One of the TBF special races: Golden State Tri in October has a 3-loop, criterium style course with drafting. If you've always wanted to try a drafting race, here's your chance. You can find out why all the roadies call triathletes "squirelly". ;-)

Adam Christopher
Last edited by: a_purush: Jun 9, 03 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: TBF Racing: Sacramento Area Tri Gem [a_purush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to my friend Tanya Grossman who won in a very impressive 2:10:25.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: TBF Racing: Sacramento Area Tri Gem [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced the sprint on Saturday and the Olympic on Sunday. Both were good races. I think the fast times in the Oly. were due to the swim being a bit short(4-5 minutes by my estimation). I went 2:07 but my swim time was much faster than I am capable of so I can't really claim that time as a pr.

I thought the pasta after the races were a nice touch. TBF does a good job.
Quote Reply