Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming without a pool
Quote | Reply
Long story short, the pool where I used to swim is closing, there are others in the area, but they are a bit out of the way and the hours don't work out that well. The new location for the gym will have a pool open in December. In the mean time, I can to swim in a lake near my house, through mid October or so, (longer if the prediction of a mild winter holds) Anyone have an advice on doing swim workouts without a pool? I know I can just do Long steady swims, but wonder about options which might make the time more worthwhile. Also to note, my Tri race season is more or less done for the year, might do some races for fun here and there but mostly sticking to road and mountain.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming without a pool [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paging Lightheir the vasa-trainer-vangelist, paging Lightheir the vasa-trainer-vangelist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some variation of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS35x-9w7xI has been all I could manage this year and it has worked out all right, Though a Vasa would have been better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Set out some homemade buoys to mark "laps" which you can swim for time.
2. You can set it to a watch with a repeat timer mode to swim intervals, as an example, set it for 15 seconds and you can do 1 minute (4 x15) with 15 seconds rest.
Quote Reply