Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Swimming forums do exist, they should be used.
Quote | Reply
As a former DI distance swimmer, swimming has done a ton for me, but seriously this is a triathlon forum. There are swimming forums on the world wide web. Yes, yes it's true. A quick google search yielded a litany of results for "swimming forums". I know I know, it's crazy. Now it is also true that triathlon does have a swimming element to it, and that some here would be interested in learning about swimming, get swimming tips, etc. But if you wanted to know more about Trials why wouldn't you go to a SWIMMING FORUM. It seems like many triathletes are not awesome swimmers, and the swim is simply an avenue to the bike or run. It's a mild inconvenience for many. I'm assuming 90% of triathletes care about swimming trials as much as I care about the NBA playoffs, last second of the last game of the season, sure I'll watch (but I'm switching the channel immediately after it's over). Further, if you're looking for swimming tips and tricks, or coaching advice, wouldn't a better place to go be a swimming forum? This would be place where people who are good at swimming post, write articles, etc. Nothing against slowtwitch at all, but if you want to be a better swimmer go to where the real swimmers are. If you want to be a better biker, go to a cycling forum, etc. Same in the real world. Join a masters group, ride w/ a group and I'm not super sure what you do about running. If you want to continue to simmer in a stew of swimming mediocrity hang out w/ triathletes (kidding, sort of). But really, can't we focus a bit more on Jesse Thomas, and the awesome things he's doing, Andy Potts, Ben Hoffman, Keinle, Frodeno, Carfrae...etc etc? I've never seen anyone one a swimming forum post about Olympic Triathletes. Anyway, there's my $.02, now feel free to tell me how wrong I am. I'm going to go get started readying a bunch of posts for the TDF. Out.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [DesertFox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paragraphs are your friend

BTW, there are a lot of "real swimmers" here.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jun 29, 16 7:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon= swim, bike, run.
Olympic trials= swim.

As they both have swimming in common, I don't see a problem.

Now you ask why nobody is starting threads on Jessie Thomas etc. If you do, or actually if anyone does, and it's a topic or question that interests me, I will happily join the conversation.

I think another thing is the admin here. This is such a great forum, in ease of use, great moderators, and for being a forum, I don't feel like i'm stuck in the 90's. I haven't been to the other swim forums, but I know that this forum is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are the primary offender. Jesus Christ dude, don't you have a life? Paragraphs do exist, IF I WERE WRITING A BOOK. It's a forum moron. Seriously go glom on to a swimming forum. People should care about swimming tips from a dude from Halifax about as much as they should care about budgeting tips from your congressman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be sure to file your concerns in the appropriate folder.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelokid wrote:
Triathlon= swim, bike, run.
Olympic trials= swim.

As they both have swimming in common, I don't see a problem.

Now you ask why nobody is starting threads on Jessie Thomas etc. If you do, or actually if anyone does, and it's a topic or question that interests me, I will happily join the conversation.

I think another thing is the admin here. This is such a great forum, in ease of use, great moderators, and for being a forum, I don't feel like i'm stuck in the 90's. I haven't been to the other swim forums, but I know that this forum is great.

I said, no offense to slowtwitch, which means I can say anything I want after that, and no offense should be taken. Clearly I dig the forum. I'm on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trick to disguising a backdoor brag is not to put it in your first sentence. But I do give you credit, I think this is the first time I have seen the cover up for a backdoor brag to be, "I am going to act like a self-righteous turd."

okay, seriously, you've posted here just a few times what's your story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Slowtwitch should be for transition discussion only! I can't stand when anyone wants to talk about swimming, biking or running on here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DesertFox wrote:
You are the primary offender. Jesus Christ dude, don't you have a life? Paragraphs do exist, IF I WERE WRITING A BOOK. It's a forum moron. Seriously go glom on to a swimming forum. People should care about swimming tips from a dude from Halifax about as much as they should care about budgeting tips from your congressman.

You'll find you are in the minority with your thinking with regards to what should be posted on this forum.

Why would anyone want to listen to the olympians, trials qualifiers, top 10 in their respective countries, teachers, trainers that post on this forum in regards to swimming.

Then again you are the typical stereotype.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
blah blah blah bikes blah blah ftp blah blah aero blah blah ironman

better?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
The trick to disguising a backdoor brag is not to put it in your first sentence. But I do give you credit, I think this is the first time I have seen the cover up for a backdoor brag to be, "I am going to act like a self-righteous turd."

It's not a backdoor brag. It was more of a "holy than thow, I have a right to speak on the matter". I didn't post any times or anything like that. I certainly don't mind bragging, but didn't feel it appropriate in the context of the post. I totally agree there should be a substantial smattering of swimming stuff in a triathlon forum, duh! But post after post of trials related mumble jumble, cmon. Thats for swim swam and the other forums. I don't want to have to dig and dig for stuff about triathlon. Basically missed the info yesterday about the Oceanside change b/c the swimming garbage.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

better?

What time does trial coverage start tonight?

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [aftrburnrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aftrburnrs wrote:
I agree. Slowtwitch should be for transition discussion only! I can't stand when anyone wants to talk about swimming, biking or running on here.

That would be a dream, certainly not enough talk about transitions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let me get my violin and play you a tune....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

better?

8 on nbc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
let me get my violin and play you a tune....

No doubt you post about swimming in your small violin forum too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they have a Mike Reilly or similar thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DesertFox wrote:

who pissed in your cereal this morning? maybe you should check into being a forum moderator
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cry like a little biatch is where this one belongs. I missed my ride time because of this thread. I blame others and not myself.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

better?

9 pm my time.

Phelps looks good for the 2fly, no idea who's getting the #2 slot. Conger's on a roll, I wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
TriBrad02 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

better?

9 pm my time.

Phelps looks good for the 2fly, no idea who's getting the #2 slot. Conger's on a roll, I wouldn't be surprised if it's him.

Is my pick for #2. MP looked really good. He shut it down hard ~15m to go.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
Cry like a little biatch is where this one belongs. I missed my ride time because of this thread. I blame others and not myself.

No no, he's absolutely correct. The sole purpose of this forum is to serve Desertfox's needs and desires. I've been a bad person, from now on I'll be sure to vet all of my posts through him to make sure the content and paragraph structure is acceptable.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Swimming forums do exist, they should be used. [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on the paragraph thing. You lost me about halfway through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DesertFox wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

It's not a backdoor brag. It was more of a "holy than thow, I have a right to speak on the matter". I didn't post any times or anything like that. I certainly don't mind bragging, but didn't feel it appropriate in the context of the post. I totally agree there should be a substantial smattering of swimming stuff in a triathlon forum, duh! But post after post of trials related mumble jumble, cmon. Thats for swim swam and the other forums. I don't want to have to dig and dig for stuff about triathlon. Basically missed the info yesterday about the Oceanside change b/c the swimming garbage.

1 out of 10

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
TriBrad02 wrote:

No no, he's absolutely correct. The sole purpose of this forum is to serve Desertfox's needs and desires. I've been a bad person, from now on I'll be sure to vet all of my posts through him to make sure the content and paragraph structure is acceptable.

We cant be friends anymore because you're so bad. I am glad you are getting help.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply

Prev Next