Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming- Ed Moses just made the US Olympic Trials cut after two practices in four years
Quote | Reply
Kind of a reminder that he's indeed one of the great natural talents the sport has ever seen

https://swimswam.com/...2-practices-4-years/

Quote:
“When (Ryan) Lochte asked me if I was going a few weeks ago, I realized I had to do something,” Moses said. “So last week I posted on social media asking what the time to qualify in the 100 breaststroke was and what the last day (for qualifying was). Someone said 1:03.69 and June 20th.

Quote:
The Meet Director was shocked by the offer, pointing out that Moses hadn’t raced in 4 years. Moses says that Marshall corrected him, pointing out that Moses hadn’t SWUM in four years, but that he’d be fine.

Moses said that after that build up, he “obviously had to step up,” so he trained twice and did “like 1500 yards.” He then called up Speedo and asked for a racing suit, showed up at 8am, warmed up for 200 meters, did a 32.5 pace 50, and told his new coach Lucero that he was ready to go (joking he didn’t want to get sore from doing too much more than that).

“I was in heat 1, lane 8, and I took off. It felt real smooth the entire 100 and when I turned halfway the only person I could even see to my side is (Syrian Olympian) Azad (Al-Basari), and I knew he would be quick, so I got excited and just raced the 2nd 50, and saw a 1:03.3 when I finished.

Anyone still have an old 'part the water, Moses' sign in their garage?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming- Ed Moses just made the US Olympic Trials cut after two practices in four years [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already a thread on it...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming- Ed Moses just made the US Olympic Trials cut after two practices in four years [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang, I thought this was about Edwin Moses. (That would have been amazing!)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FLA Jill wrote:
Kind of a reminder that he's indeed one of the great natural talents the sport has ever seen

https://swimswam.com/...2-practices-4-years/

Quote:

“When (Ryan) Lochte asked me if I was going a few weeks ago, I realized I had to do something,” Moses said. “So last week I posted on social media asking what the time to qualify in the 100 breaststroke was and what the last day (for qualifying was). Someone said 1:03.69 and June 20th.

Quote:
The Meet Director was shocked by the offer, pointing out that Moses hadn’t raced in 4 years. Moses says that Marshall corrected him, pointing out that Moses hadn’t SWUM in four years, but that he’d be fine.

Moses said that after that build up, he “obviously had to step up,” so he trained twice and did “like 1500 yards.” He then called up Speedo and asked for a racing suit, showed up at 8am, warmed up for 200 meters, did a 32.5 pace 50, and told his new coach Lucero that he was ready to go (joking he didn’t want to get sore from doing too much more than that).

“I was in heat 1, lane 8, and I took off. It felt real smooth the entire 100 and when I turned halfway the only person I could even see to my side is (Syrian Olympian) Azad (Al-Basari), and I knew he would be quick, so I got excited and just raced the 2nd 50, and saw a 1:03.3 when I finished.

Anyone still have an old 'part the water, Moses' sign in their garage?

That and just how much technique is involved in swimming.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming- Ed Moses just made the US Olympic Trials cut after two practices in four years [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too! I said "What?????" Edwin Moses- this has got to be a joke. I even had a picture of him in my head of him lined up for the start wearing baggy swim trunks.
Quote Reply