Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimmers Ear
Quote | Reply
Just back from a vacation in which I did some scuba diving and two open water swims. Usually religious about swim ear drops but got behind a couple of times and now home with swimmers ear. I can't remember what I used to do during all the times I had it growing up and in high school... anyone tried to swim with it (maybe 1 hour max) with the silicone type ear plugs without it getting worse? Or is it best to wait until the pain is gone? I know it sounds like an idiotic question, just hate not being able to get back on my usual routine after a vacation. I have a hard enough time traveling and throwing all my training off. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers Ear [Carrie2273] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've swam with earplugs (rubber kind) with an ear infection and it was doable. Most important was inserting the plugs very carefully so they don't create a suction. Because that hurts a lot. Over ear silicone earplugs may avoid the ear canal, but they need to be pressed in pretty good to stay in, and that creates suction.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimmers Ear [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Were the rubber ones over-the-counter? I have some of the putty-style ones but I think that is what you are saying to avoid, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had it once in high school. Doc squirted enough neosporin in my ear to fill up the canal. Said that by the time it washed away I would be healed.

It worked. Try that?

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carrie2273 wrote:
Thank you. Were the rubber ones over-the-counter? I have some of the putty-style ones but I think that is what you are saying to avoid, correct?
This is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/...rds=speedo+ear+plugs

Insert very gently because suction hurts bad when the ear is infected.
Quote Reply