Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim splits not accurate in Training Peaks
Quote | Reply
Reviewing my swim file this morning, I see the splits are totally jacked up. I recorded using a Garmin 920xt and uploaded to connect via my iPhone. I have Garmin Connect and TP sync. This is the first time I've noticed that the splits were not accurate. For example, I saw a 100 pull in 1:41 and it showed up at 1:22. Did some firmware change within the last week or so?

http://www.tri-ingtokeepwarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim splits not accurate in Training Peaks [akbreezo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you pausing your watch in between laps? TP counts total time for the lap, including rest - i.e. I'll swim a 100m in 1:15 and leave on the 1:30, even though I pause my watch it shows up as 1:30 in TP.

I'm sure there is a setting that can be changed but I haven't looked into it - the TSS calculates the same, workout time, distance, and average pace all remain accurate which are what I track.

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Swim splits not accurate in Training Peaks [mdub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

mdub wrote:
Are you pausing your watch in between laps? TP counts total time for the lap, including rest - i.e. I'll swim a 100m in 1:15 and leave on the 1:30, even though I pause my watch it shows up as 1:30 in TP.

I'm sure there is a setting that can be changed but I haven't looked into it - the TSS calculates the same, workout time, distance, and average pace all remain accurate which are what I track.

I hit the lap button, rest, and hit the lap button again. I haven't changed my method and haven't noticed this issue before.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take a look at my TP file after today's swim and let you know if mine look any different!

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Swim splits not accurate in Training Peaks [mdub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had similar issues with my Garmin vivoactive/ connect. For me, the problem is that I swim "meters"- the software converts the time to yards, taking roughly 11 seconds off per 100m, but still reports the times in "meters". It is kind of hard to explain- I am not sure if that is clear.

If I am swimming 1:50/100meters, it reports it as 1:39/meter-When it should say either 1:50/100m or 1:39/100yard. I tried to contact Garmin about it, but I was not able to make myself clear. For about a week, I noticed that the problem was partially corrected. But with the last update, it went back to the way it was.

Converting 1:40 to 1:22 seems a bit more extreme though, so it may not be the same issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim splits not accurate in Training Peaks [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I updated firmware and swam again this morning. But still an issue after syncing. Anyone else seeing this?

Quote Reply