Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Spray is Legit!!!!
Quote | Reply
I will start off by saying that I have nothing to do with this company...I sell bamboo for a living. But, this stuff really works. I have always been searching for something to kill the chlorine smell off my body, my hair, and my suits. I use swim "TriSwim" shampoo and body wash, but it only marginally takes the smell away. I searched the internet one night and found this Swim Spray stuff. I don't really remember the story but it was created by some Doctor in the Midwest that was fed up with smelling like chlorine. I bought two small bottles and when I first tried to use them I thought I got ripped off. It sprays a fine mist over your body and I thought, "there is no way this stuff is going to do anything", but sure enough it totally kills the chlorine smell. The only ingredient listed is Vitamin C if I am not mistaken!!! Anyway just thought I would give them a shout out as I think they have a great product. Not sure about the rules on whether you can link to a product page or not, but you all can operate Google I am sure so if you want some look them up.

"Wait.....and Hope" -Edmond Dantes
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [BambooKing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why on Earth would you want to get rid of that smell? Nothing scares other triathletes more than someone that swims enough to smell like the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you considered making a bamboo bike?

-Jason
Quote | Reply
I always like those posts where someone asks a question then another user makes a post that says "Click Here" and you get to watch the little arrow go across the screen and it Goggles it for you. I'm always amused at those, I don't know why.......

I also like it when you get tricked and you click on a link and get "RickRolled".

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found that using skunk scent covers up chlorine smell and also all other body odors. When I use it, I always get a swim lane by myself and no one drafts off me with my bike .... it really works great ... no chlorine smell at all!

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BambooKing wrote:
I sell bamboo for a living.

I didn't realize you could make a living selling bamboo. Learn something new everyday.

jasondubose wrote:
have you considered making a bamboo bike?

Actually I could really go for some bamboo aero bars.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know the chlorine smell is a funny thing. I can't articulate it any better than saying it simply reminds me of great times as a youngin' at swim meets, long days in the pool and memories. To this day when I walk onto the pool deck and I get a whiff of that I just smile. Then again my girlfriend thinks I'm weird b/c I rate and appreciate all my farts when we all know this is simply something that has to be done. I have checked and this is even acceptable even in the Royal Thai Palace to do sniff checks.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Sep 12, 12 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate the smell of pool chlorine.
I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

The Jamaican 'lifeguard' at Moss Side leisure centre used to smoke poolside, and the two smells together are really pleasant.

Irrelevant, I know. But weird anyway.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:

The Jamaican 'lifeguard' at Moss Side leisure centre used to smoke poolside, and the two smells together are really pleasant.

You would probably hate sharing a lane with me. Know what a 'water demon' is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even better, the inventor of SwimSpray is a former Cat 2 cyclist and has an Ironman under his belt.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Why on Earth would you want to get rid of that smell?
I use that chlorine smell as cologne. When the Wife uses it as perfume, hubba hubba!

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have also used swim spray and it is amazing how it instantly takes the smell away, turns your hair back into hair as opposed to stray, and stops dry skin. I have recently bought vitamin c crystals from GNC, mixed in spray bottle with water, and it works the same and is much cheaper. One pound of crystals was about $15 and will make about 75 bottles of swim spray.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
I've found that using skunk scent covers up chlorine smell and also all other body odors. When I use it, I always get a swim lane by myself and no one drafts off me with my bike .... it really works great ... no chlorine smell at all!

Dave

I think you are on to something here. I've often wanted some "skunk in a can" to spray around smokers. And perhaps you've found a way to dislodge drafters?

Personally, when I'm swimming a decent amount, even 3+ times a week in the pool, I get pretty used to the Chlorene. My wife says she doesn't notice it.

But I like the idea of a spray tin of skunk smell. The only down side I can see is that I know how long it takes to get out :(.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:

..... those weren't normal cigarettes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is a water demon? You stumped my google.

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Spray is Legit!!!! [damnilocano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damnilocano wrote:
What is a water demon? You stumped my google.
It's just a shower fart done during lap swim. You know how much worse water vapors make a fart......this is why I enjoy farting during lap swim so my pals get to enjoy them during VO2 sets when the breaths are extra big!

It takes real and rare talent to squeeze cheese while under effort.....can do while pedaling too it's quite an art.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wash well with Selsun Blue or T-Gel and the smell will disappear.

Quote | Reply
High 5 for the body control and hilarity!

If my body isn't strong enough... I hope my wallet will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run or ride after the swim workout. The smell sweats out. But then the run clothes stink baaad and need to be washed. ;)
Quote Reply