Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim Smooth Coaching System..anyone tried it?
Quote | Reply
I am familiar with the Swim Smooth site and videos and it seems they get generally favorable comments here. They are running a discount for the "Coaching System" and was thinking about giving it a try for 3 months over the Winter. Anyone done it? I did about 480K yards in 2014 and will probably be around 400K yards this year. 2-5 sessions/ week. 10X100 on 1:45-50 coming in at 1:30-33 would be a moderate effort set.

I know the general wisdom is swim more and swim harder, masters, get 1 on 1 coaching.....looking for reviews on the Swim Smooth Coaching System rather than general swim advice.

Thoughts? Experience?

Thanks

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Smooth Coaching System..anyone tried it? [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They use an adjective to describe a verb in their company name, how good could they be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slornow wrote:
I am familiar with the Swim Smooth site and videos and it seems they get generally favorable comments here. They are running a discount for the "Coaching System" and was thinking about giving it a try for 3 months over the Winter. Anyone done it? I did about 480K yards in 2014 and will probably be around 400K yards this year. 2-5 sessions/ week. 10X100 on 1:45-50 coming in at 1:30-33 would be a moderate effort set.

I know the general wisdom is swim more and swim harder, masters, get 1 on 1 coaching.....looking for reviews on the Swim Smooth Coaching System rather than general swim advice.

Thoughts? Experience?

Thanks

If you already a competent swimmer (and it looks like you are) the relevance of something like swim smooth drops off. Its good for getting middle aged non swimmers to a certain level, typically a thirty something coming from running or cycling and wanting to do triathlon. For better swimmers or people who have been swimming a long time your time is better invested elsewhere. its unlikely to make you any quicker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Masters+Volume+Effort=Improvement
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Smooth Coaching System..anyone tried it? [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^ Perfect answer :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much is it? If it isn't that expensive, then no harm in trying it out for a few months. It probably won't make you any worse than you are now, so at worst you are out a couple of bucks.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Smooth Coaching System..anyone tried it? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
How much is it? If it isn't that expensive, then no harm in trying it out for a few months. It probably won't make you any worse than you are now, so at worst you are out a couple of bucks.

With discount code looks like about $30 total for a 3 month subscription.......you underestimate my capacity to suck at swimming and I thank you for that.

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just watched Mitch Larkin swim 1:45.6 for 200m - doing backstroke. Not yards, metres. Not free, back.

We all suck...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done a fair amount of browsing on their website and their videos, but have not subscribed to any plan that they have. I'm impressed that it is not a 'one size fits all' approach--different strokes for different folks. Beyond that I have no knowledge.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim Smooth Coaching System..anyone tried it? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I just watched Mitch Larkin swim 1:45.6 for 200m - doing backstroke. Not yards, metres. Not free, back.

We all suck...

Sad, but true.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply