Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities
Quote | Reply
Syncing with Suunto is generally unreliable but users have been unable to sync any activities from Suunto watches for 2 days.

https://twitter.com/...s/960222574646046720
https://twitter.com/...s/960478890425749504
https://twitter.com/...s/960530806912503809
https://twitter.com/...s/960806301856141315

I love the hardware but Suunto's software team is a joke. They don't have the ability to perform a simple rollback?

/rant
Last edited by: BattyMilk: Feb 6, 18 1:29
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [BattyMilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that with the phone app or pc version?

I'm using the beta iphone app and that works okay, and last time i used the pc version 2?? days ago it was alright.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's their whole system. You can get the activities from your watch to the app, but it doesn't sync it to their servers and subsequently it's unable to get your activity into Strava/Training peaks/etc and you're unable to see it online in your movescount account - until an hour or so ago, you were unable to access movescount.com at all as it had been showing an outage message for the last couple of days.
Last edited by: BattyMilk: Feb 6, 18 5:24
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [BattyMilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. That sucks.

I've moved to Garmin.
I liked my old suunto when it was on my wrist, hated dealing with the software. Generally happy w/the garmin even though i suspect the suunto was a little more accurate.
No one gets a suunto so that they can use movescount, and suunto just never seems to accept that.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
No one gets a suunto so that they can use movescount, and suunto just never seems to accept that.

This.

I have an Ambit 2S which works flawlessly, but Movescount blows goats.

This issue, combined with the fact that Movelink hasn't worked since the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (without performing some convoluted raindance involving disconnecting your internet connection, starting the app, reconnecting and then praying the app works - none of which worked for me) and it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay loyal to Suunto over Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to reinstall movelink to get my watch to sync. My watch has not synced with the app for years for whatever reason. When my Ambit 3 dies I will be getting a Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's on its way back up now (after about 51hrs downtime), my moves have finally synced to movescount but no sign of them in Strava or TP yet.

I really want to want a Spartan over a Garmin for my next watch (currently on an Ambit) but they don't make it easy. The initial review from DCR was horrible for it too. Have there been any software updates to address the problems?
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [layaway tay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
layaway tay wrote:
I had to reinstall movelink to get my watch to sync.

Tried that too.

I found a free 3rd-party app in the Google Play store that allows me to sync via my phone using a micro-USB adapter cable that connects to the Suunto charging cable, so that's doing the job for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved my ambit3 at first...but always had issues syncing the damn thing. It got to the point where I couldn't even get to to talk to a phone anymore...and the push from movescount to TP or Stava was always slow. Moved to a Fenix5 on my wrist and a edge 520 on the bike and couldn't be happier...
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto Movescount down for 2 days so far - unable to sync any activities [spectrum5825] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always had trouble syncing my Ambit 3 (and now Spartan Trainer) to my iPhone. But, I think I solved it. When it just won't start, I double-tap the iPhone's home button and start flicking away the apps - clearing them all out. Then I relaunch Movescount and it starts syncing. Hasn't failed me yet.
So, based on seeing this thread, I did just that - synced. The two moves from yesterday and Sunday did not transfer. This morning's did, though. At a loss!!! :-(

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Movescount has got to be the worst name they could have thought up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I literally switched to Garmin a few years ago due to this. Was untenable not being able to access workout data for several days at a time. At least with a Garmin you can manually grab the files and throw them into TrainingPeaks etc, with Suunto you're just out of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
I found a free 3rd-party app in the Google Play store that allows me to sync via my phone using a micro-USB adapter cable that connects to the Suunto charging cable, so that's doing the job for now.

TBH, this sort of work-around seems to be suunto's best hope for continued relevance. If people know that the can get a suunto and have a way of not having to interact w/movescount at all. and would suunto then go out of its way to sabotage one if it did emerge?
Quote Reply