Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST
Quote | Reply
Can't help but think that yesterday's weather issues scared a few people off.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be the weather, maybe we are hitting a saturation point for number of races. It's still open now.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Devlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't sure what would happen so I was online at 12:00 just to make sure. Guess I didn't have to be so timely, but didn't want to miss out. Will be my first 140.6.

I still have a knot in my stomach.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Devlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlon wrote:
Could be the weather, maybe we are hitting a saturation point for number of races. It's still open now.

I believe it is at the point of saturation myself. Also, with the rolling starts they can throw a few hundred more onto the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure Muskoka is drawing some athletes away from LP
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this will be the last and first thing you think about everyday for awhile. It goes away.

see you on the finish line. It will be my 8th
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've had worse weather in prior years and yet it still sold out the following year.

Lots more options these days, here and abroad.

Quote | Reply
thenicetwin wrote:
Can't help but think that yesterday's weather issues scared a few people off.

Very doubtfull that this has anything to do with the weather yesterday
More like a simple supply-demand thingy
With more IMs to choose from today than ever before you get less demand for LP .
The days when it would fill in under an hour are loong gone

Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
back in 2001; I signed up in November!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too many people cuing up their computers for a down river wetsuit swim at IMLou next year.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thenicetwin wrote:
back in 2001; I signed up in November!

those were the early days bro
signup for LP didnt hit a feavered pitch till the middle and later part of that decade

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it really matter if it sells out in hours, days, or months? It will probably sell out either way.

edit: It might actually be nicer for people if these things didn't sell out 1 year in advance.
Last edited by: KAlber: Jul 28, 14 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of course not.

my statement was only...surprised to find it open at 1:15EST
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
Too many people cuing up their computers for a down river wetsuit swim at IMLou next year.....

and down river wetsuit in Chattanooga.

Giddy up, there's no reason to look behind you, you're not heading that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it doesn't sell out in time to satisfy my feelings of exclusivity, then I'm going to drop my registration and immediatly demand that WTC return the 20% of my entry fee that I'm eligible for.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not signing up for IMLP because the new Muskoka is much closer. This is probably the case with a few other people from the area who may want to cut the commute and/or try something new within driving distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice...I can't wait to exorcise my AWA exclusivity at IMMT next month. Maybe I'll grab me some pasta at the athlete's dinner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks! It certainly feels that way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if that will make the locals stop screwing people on lodging? Maybe an upside to this supply/demand thing?
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to:Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Devlon] by Asilverm1970Post:I wasn't sure what would happen so I was online at 12:00 just to make sure. Guess I didn't have to be so timely, but didn't want to miss out. Will be my first 140.6.

Replying to:Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Asilverm1970] by thenicetwinPost:this will be the last and first thing you think about everyday for awhile. It goes away.

see you on the finish line. It will be my 8th

x2

Enjoy the journey... race day that knot will be back but it will be an experience like no other...
Stay healthy. See you at the finish as well. This will be my 9th (4th Lake Placid IM)
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I wonder if that will make the locals stop screwing people on lodging? Maybe an upside to this supply/demand thing?

I would hope it would but I'm not betting on it. It's the only reason why I haven't returned.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appears to be still open at 6am!
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised to find Lake Placid 2015 still had spots at 1:15 EST [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We all said that after for the first day, then week then month for IMLT and now IMLT 70.3 Both are still open. There are just only so many with the money and time, and lots I talk
to have had their fill.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asilverm1970 wrote:
I wasn't sure what would happen so I was online at 12:00 just to make sure. Guess I didn't have to be so timely, but didn't want to miss out. Will be my first 140.6.

Ditto to all of the above! Still trying to balance nervousness & excitement...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the package deal a day before !
Who knew ??
Wasted 240 bucks ???
Quote Reply

Prev Next