Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You never know what tomorrow will bring, so enjoy today to the fullest.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha! I don't think a pulitzer prize winning satirist could've written a better piece about the dangers of self-aggrandizing narcissism.

"I still work out 5 days a week, just not at a competitive training level."...

It's too bad all those "competitive" level workouts never led to a "competitive" race.

Are we still supposed to be pretending she's hot?
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I missing something here. What is the root of your venom here? I tend to agree on first impression though...

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
haha! I don't think a pulitzer prize winning satirist could've written a better piece about the dangers of self-aggrandizing narcissism.

It's too bad all those "competitive" level workouts never led to a "competitive" race.

Wow. Just Wow. You must a real joy to be around during the holidays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:

Don't worry. It is only a matter of time before she declares self-aggrandizing narcissism a serious disability that should allow her to compete against people with a missing leg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:

People like you, who trash other people, usually have some serious insecurities and self esteem issues. I feel for you, buddy. Get some help.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lutzman wrote:

Actually, I'm a joy to be around all throughout the year, but yeah... obviously the Christmas spirit makes me even more charming.

To the previous poster, there isn't really any venom, but I certainly found the thread where she was awkwardly caught in a pair of lies ("professional" status, claiming people were hitting on her) compelling. It looks like its been taken down, so I'm not sure what happened there.

As for my last comment, a portion of her claim to being a professional was that she got paid to be one of the "hot" girls at some triathlon event where they were pushing an energy drink or something, and I can objectively say her placing at that event deserved nothing more than a pity clap.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [mercuryvapor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mercuryvapor wrote:
People like you, who trash other people, usually have some serious insecurities and self esteem issues. I feel for you, buddy. Get some help.

People like you, who make crazy logical leaps to comical conclusions, usually suffer from staggeringly low IQs, low incomes, and the conviction that their girlfriend's are satisfied. I totally feel for you too buddy. Just remember, if she says it's a good size, it means it's small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
Just remember, if she says it's a good size, it means it's small.
I thought it meant it was 'larger than expected'.

Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
lutzman wrote:

Actually, I'm a joy to be around all throughout the year, but yeah... obviously the Christmas spirit makes me even more charming.

To the previous poster, there isn't really any venom, but I certainly found the thread where she was awkwardly caught in a pair of lies ("professional" status, claiming people were hitting on her) compelling. It looks like its been taken down, so I'm not sure what happened there.

As for my last comment, a portion of her claim to being a professional was that she got paid to be one of the "hot" girls at some triathlon event where they were pushing an energy drink or something, and I can objectively say her placing at that event deserved nothing more than a pity clap.

She is a fraud.

-----

"i’m the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — i want to know who the morons are." -- mark cuban
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The normal role of the body’s immune system is to fight off infections. However, when a person has an autoimmune disease, the immune system starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues.

In the case of rheumatoid arthritis, the immune system targets the lining of the joints, causing inflammation and joint damage.
Just saying..... How well would you do if your body was actively working against itself?
Last edited by: sharkbait_au: Dec 20, 14 13:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think she is pretty. But I do think she kind of has a self-aggrandizing way of viewing herself. And she communicates this very clearly in her writings.
I've met people like this and I believe it is a coping mechanism. I wish her well but I don't think the triathlon world would really have noticed her departure. And maybe that is why she chose to announce it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sorry to read that she is stepping away from racing. Hopefully she stays connected with the triathlon community and finds success in her fight against RA.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [aztri81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone fill in the rest of us outside the circle so we can understand why there is so much criticism of Angela?
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the issue is that she promoted herself as a professional triathlete. Meaning she was compensated by sponsors but based on her physique and appeal rather than her performance.

Also something about she entered some races as a "challenged" athlete because of her arthritis and some took issue with this.
Last edited by: Ty: Dec 20, 14 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
I believe the issue is that she promoted herself as a professional triathlete. Meaning she was compensated by sponsors but based on her physique and appeal rather than her performance.
And we should all be upset about this.... why exactly? Because she's good looking and gets paid for it, and we are ugly and slow, and therefore we don't get anything?

Quote | Reply
My friend who actually has RA just won her AG at IMCoz, and I have a form of it called Ankylosing Spondylitis and was 8th in my AG at IMAZ 4 weeks ago.

So to answer your question, pretty darn well. Neither of us would ever dream of racing as "disabled", because that's an insult to people who are actually disabled.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
Ty wrote:
And we should all be upset about this.... why exactly? Because she's good looking and gets paid for it, and we are ugly and slow, and therefore we don't get anything?

That might be part of it. However if you have ever visited her website it is pretty over-the-top. It seems that she is not shy at all at telling all how wonderful she is. And she seems to be serious. Sure she is good looking and above average in endurance sports. But it is a bit misleading when she calls herself a professional triathlete. I don't think that she has ever raced in any triathlon where other pros show up.
Last edited by: Ty: Dec 20, 14 14:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
Ty wrote:

I've been paid by a number of NFL teams, I have never once proclaimed myself a professional football player. Not worth getting upset about, but I don't put her in much higher regards than Ben Greenfield. The very epitome of self-aggrandizing and apparently she was caught numerous times not exactly being honest.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stop2think wrote:
I've been paid by a number of NFL teams, I have never once proclaimed myself a professional football player.

As a hooker, I doubt you would have got away with it.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's the perception that she highly self-promotional, but not very talented (2:51 for an Oly this May). Also, a lot of people feel that she pulled out the challenged athlete card when she couldn't cut it as a pro. For lots of folks the fact that she has RA is not a legit reason to compete in a category vs. folks missing a limb.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I think it's the perception that she highly self-promotional, but not very talented (2:51 for an Oly this May). Also, a lot of people feel that she pulled out the challenged athlete card when she couldn't cut it as a pro. For lots of folks the fact that she has RA is not a legit reason to compete in a category vs. folks missing a limb.
Yes. And she got attention and evidently some sponsors. So now she is retiring. End of story. For now.
Quote Reply
Re: Surprised nobody caught this - Angela Durazo [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently it is the off season since there is nothing better to do than this.... :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cobble wrote:
Ty wrote:

People just love to whine. She's easy on the eyes and doesn't come off as a biatch on social media.
Quote Reply

Prev Next