Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding
Quote | Reply
http://www.dreambiggrowhere.com/...ails.aspx?entry=1174

Vote accordingly.

Sorry if this is a violation of the rules.
Last edited by: Herbert: Feb 21, 15 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't mean to be rude here... I'm genuinely curious. You are entering a contest to win a prize of less than the retail price of one of your bikes. Is that really worth your time?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not entering, I guess i'm asking for you to vote because I think Dimond is a good company and I want to see them develop their frame/design.

The contest is a small business contest, as stated in the link they hope to use the funds to promote the launch of the new design.

I just wanted to help them get a little more reach.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, I just assumed you must be with Ruster Sports.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, sorry for the ambiguity - just an Iowa native.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Ah, I just assumed you must be with Ruster Sports.

I think regardless of the amount of the prize, the value is continuing to build the brand. You win some of these contests, people talk about it, more people see it, maybe someone bigger wants to write about. Regardless, I love the scrappy and nimble nature of small biz.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I don't mean to be rude here... I'm genuinely curious. You are entering a contest to win a prize of less than the retail price of one of your bikes. Is that really worth your time?

I think it is pretty fascinating insight into how fine a line startup companies have to walk to make it. They have a cool product, smart engineers, some good free marketing in TJ, and yet $5,000 is enough for them to be fighting for.

I gave them my vote and I hope it helps.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - my thinking is that if it's just the $5,000, it is probably not a wise way to spend their time. But it is a great thing to build a social media campaign around. It will get people who are casually following them, or have had that new bike purchase in the back of their mind to engage more, vote for them and feel more connected to the brand. Then they'll be that much closer to buying. That's worth a lot more than the $5k.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have to has a facebook to vote? I would like to give them my vote but don't do too much social media.

Ps if someone with a fb wasn't going to vote at all you can vote for me :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No violation, we support this greatly, and I made it sticky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the entire contest is for $15k
Regardless,
Standard pool room economics says
more money in the pocket is always better than less

Bottom line, voting helps a Made in the USA small business be more competitive.

I can't vote for them any harder.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be biased since I have purchased a Dimond.It probably is to every Slowtwitchers interest to do the little required to support their grant to support the new integrated fork.Many of us are bike fanatics and this is an innovative user friendly MADE IN THE USA company.Vote on facebook once a day until March 1.Thanks for helping support my favorite bike company.
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I think it is pretty fascinating insight into how fine a line startup companies have to walk to make it. They have a cool product, smart engineers, some good free marketing in TJ, and yet $5,000 is enough for them to be fighting for.

Free money is free..

Company I am with has been around over a decade, we do a few million (usd) in sales, yet at our office in the UK we still entered and won some contest the city was having for a grant that was like 15K gbp and we bought a badass 3D printer we otherwise wouldn't have justified getting. It's been running pretty much 24/7 the past 3 weeks.

Would vote but seems FB only and not on it.

(Ruster if you are reading please ship the hen house I ordered a week ago, thanks)
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep voting -once a day for the next 6 days. All you need is facebook. The Dimond crew is 1st but it is a very close race to second.Thanks ,Peter (Dimond owner and Dimond fan)
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 - Did you receive your bag?
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [bbach11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great little company that is part of our sport. Everything little bit help when you work hard to establish yourself!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Any one keen to make their current or future Dimond's faster? [bbach11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bbach11 wrote:
mrtopher1980 - Did you receive your bag?

Hey yes I did actually that night and meant to come find this thread to update it, got a new work computer so been transferring stuff last 2 days and hadn't been back on here.

It was still showing processing the day before it arrived so was confused/concerned there was some sort of back order, need it in 2 weeks.

Quality is Amazing!
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Free money is free money! To those wondering if it matters, every bit helps. It's not like Dimond is relying on winning this contest to move forward. But that's money that doesn't need to be borrowed from the bank. Or from an investor. Or whatever.

Thank to all who have voted.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump, voted. Innovation anywhere helps us all / rising tide lifts all boats.

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [Andy_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy_M wrote:
Bump, voted. Innovation anywhere helps us all / rising tide lifts all boats.

Actually, quite the opposite. I tend to see aerodynamic advances as an arms race. Having faster bikes in the market means we all need to spend more to remain in the same relative position.

That said, it didn't stop me from voting... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
we all need to spend more

No one said boats were inexpensive either!

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is still a close race between 1 and 2.Slowtwitchers love aero.Keep voting -if they win 3 bikes for Rapp's Africa effort.Just remember to vote each day until Mar 1and if your partner is on facebook get them to vote also
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#2 is really catching up1321(dimond)to 1286(#2).We need to keep voting and need to recruit others to support their efforts for the new fork-Vote once a day for the next 3 days
Quote Reply
Re: Support the Dimond crew to get additional funding [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please get out the vote and help support the triathlon community and Dimond bikes. #2 now and need strong push to finish #1.
Quote Reply

Prev Next