Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Super League Jersey Island is next weekend
Quote | Reply
I just looked at the athletes listed on the Super League site and am really pumped to see how the second iteration, this time at Jersey Island, hashes out. While the initial Super league was incredibly exciting with just the men in attendance this one should be twice as interesting with women there too. I was especially pleased to see Nicola Spirig listed and might imagine she may have raced Rotterdam in part as a "tune up" .

Jersey Island will be a 2 day event rather than 3 day event with the Triple Mix on Saturday and the Eliminator on Sunday. Let's hope the coverage is as good as their first event. It's nice to have great racing two weekends in a row:)

https://superleaguetriathlon.com/events

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Sep 17, 17 17:20
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Jersey Island is next weekend [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am equally excited, so much that my training may suffer!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this series. I hope it endures
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody. Well, in my case, I am not too excited. After the 70.3 world champs and the wts grand final, I think some guys will step out from the start line (Gomez for sure, maybe Mola....) They cannot race every weekend, that´s tough.
I´ll look forward the women´s competition, though Flora will not be there,neither Gentle, top 2 in the WTS this year
I see that any of the KONA contenders will be there. While comptiting in Hamilton, in march, I saw all those guys are not at the required level..it´s normal. So, in order to do a exciting competition, I would not include the sorts of Cameron Dye (he was there, wasn´he??)etc
Same for the INSLAND HOUSE INVITATIONAL. Out of the season,...just good for athletes to pack some money but I dont get the point to mix Tim Don with Richard Murray, e.g. There is no battle, too easy for the ITU guys

So, I think there are too many races and we cannot see the best ones compiting against each other too often.
I think I´ll just see the women´s stuff

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching on Saturday, but sunday is Berlin which will have all of my attention

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Jersey Island is next weekend [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Hi everybody. Well, in my case, I am not too excited. After the 70.3 world champs and the wts grand final, I think some guys will step out from the start line (Gomez for sure, maybe Mola....) They cannot race every weekend, that´s tough.
I´ll look forward the women´s competition, though Flora will not be there,neither Gentle, top 2 in the WTS this year
I see that any of the KONA contenders will be there. While comptiting in Hamilton, in march, I saw all those guys are not at the required level..it´s normal. So, in order to do a exciting competition, I would not include the sorts of Cameron Dye (he was there, wasn´he??)etc
Same for the INSLAND HOUSE INVITATIONAL. Out of the season,...just good for athletes to pack some money but I dont get the point to mix Tim Don with Richard Murray, e.g. There is no battle, too easy for the ITU guys

So, I think there are too many races and we cannot see the best ones compiting against each other too often.

Kanute will be racing, and he's excited for it.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Jersey Island is next weekend [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimVance wrote:
juanillo wrote:

Kanute will be racing, and he's excited for it.

Ben's brave racing style this past weekend certainly gained me as a fan. It will be fun to see how his strengths play to the format.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:

I saw a clip of Mola arriving in Jersey so he is there to race.
And yes Island house is full of long course guys, needs a few more young speedsters in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:

I see your point but would counter that it's also interesting to see how athletes perform when placed in a less than ideal shaved and tapered state for the event. Javier's performance at the Grand Final was especially impressive considering what he had done just 6 days before. If he turns around and performs at Super League Jersey Island it will be doubly impressive. So I'm excited to see the athletes compete without the perfect prep such as a couple of of weeks at altitude or weeks training on the specific course.

YMMV,

Hugh

Quote Reply