Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sunglass Receomendations?
Quote | Reply
Im looking to replace my Oakley Straight Jackets with new pair of sunglasses, I have had these for many many years and its time to get a new pair. I wear contacts and was wondering what recommendations people had for sunglasses as I dont want my contacts to dry out and then fly out while Im ridding or running. Currently Im leaning towards either the at the Oakley Flak Jackets, Radar Path's or Half Jackets. Any other contact wearers have suggestions or input?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass Receomendations? [Babybull63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up Radar Path w/ prism lens. Been wearing Oakleys for 20+ yrs. they are by far the best lenses IMO. No issues w/ drying contacts.

I'm looking at the Jawbreaker as a back up pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wear contacts and have never had any problem with Oakley. I have both the half and full jacket, but tend to use the half because I like the lack of frame to better see around me when riding.

For mountain biking and in low light conditions, I picked up some Rudy Project glasses with the Impact photo chromatic lenses. They are fantastic when riding in the trees and shadows and are super light. They start clear so I even where them when it is cloudy or raining because I have contacts.

Both of them keep the wind and stuff off my eyes so never any issue with contacts, and I never riding a bike without glasses.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Last edited by: Quo Vadimus: Aug 1, 15 10:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth I recently tried a pair of the new Jawbreakers with the Prizm lenses. Went out into the parking lot and the contrast really allows you to see more imperfections in the road. They didn't fit under my helmet though :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smith Pivilocks are my favorite. No upper frame and good coverage, so they are some of the best glasses for use on the bike. Just fine for everything else.
Quote Reply
Re: Sunglass Receomendations? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second vote for smith pivlocks arena. Far superior to oakleys IMO: cheap replacement lenses ($40), good if not better clarity, very clean simple design. For what it's worth, I have a skinny face and still got the big lens, much better coverage for aero, fantastic.

I've had very bad experiences with Oakley over the past 10 years... All three pairs I've bought broke within a year, lenses are fairly see through/weak colors, expensive as hell, clarity is all marketing. Their solution to problems is always "here's 30% off your next pair". Ugh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best sunglasses I've ever had are my Kaenons. The lenses are just ridiculously good. Might be worth a look.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you get another pair of Oakleys, get the Prizm lenses. They are ridiculously good. I have Jawbones/Racing Jackets and they're great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll jump in with another vote for Rudy Project! First off, the adjustability is way beyond what others offer, allowing me to have one pair set up high for cycling in aero, and then switch in transition to a fresh pair set lower on my face for the run. The lenses are amazing, and offer such a wide range of colors and features ( polarized, impact resistant, photo chromatic, etc) that one's never without a great lens to race or train. Support, if ever needed, is beyond compare and they are so light on the face. Although I've had many, many brands through the years, my Rudys are the ones I ALWAYS go to. Count on them....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies now I have more options to look at. I have thought of trying the Smith's but I have had great luck and longevity with Oakley's, my newest pair is 9 going on 10 years old and Ive never had any issues with them, they have always been durable and been clear. I guess I'll have to go try some on and see what fit my face best...Ive got a larger than normal head so that should make things interesting.
Quote Reply