Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suggestions for some new aero bike kit (suit and shoes)
Quote | Reply
So I'm geeking out looking for some starting points to research. Looking for a good, fast speed suit for the bike and some shoes that are relatively light weight but also somewhat aero. Give me some suggestions please. Thanks

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for some new aero bike kit (suit and shoes) [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
So I'm geeking out looking for some starting points to research. Looking for a good, fast speed suit for the bike and some shoes that are relatively light weight but also somewhat aero. Give me some suggestions please. Thanks

Kit: Castelli San Remo or LG Course
Shoes: LG Tri 400
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestions for some new aero bike kit (suit and shoes) [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get shoes that fit, then worry about aero. Nothing slower than numb feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castelli Body Paint 3.3 or the NoPinz trip suit.

The lace up Giro shoes and Specialized generally test well and are pretty light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering about the Bont Zero +. With the lace cover they "look" aero. Any thoughts?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the bont's some weeks ago. I love them. The insole is really stiff and the boa laces also make getting them on really fast and easy.

The "only" problem was to put them on during T1. You need practice because the shoes are really stiff, you need to have some kind of technique so you don't have to stop (and get off the bike) to get your feet in.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
Wondering about the Bont Zero +. With the lace cover they "look" aero. Any thoughts?

Why not just go all-in and get a Bont Crono?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
For road TT or Tri?
Will more aero shoes make up for the time spent lacing them up and waddling out of T1?
Quote Reply