Post deleted by ph78
Last edited by: ph78: Aug 4, 15 6:44
Re: Strava KOM Attempts tool [ph78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get a "Nah, wrong input" error.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not paying to see additional KOMs when I can just look at them on strava.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ph78 [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by ph78 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: ph78: Aug 4, 15 7:29
Quote | Reply
But again, why would I pay when I can simply look at Strava to get most of the same data?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neat idea, really, but I agree this isn't something I'd pay for. I'm just not the target market I guess since I don't care about KOM's. Same reason I don't use/pay Veloviewer. It's all nice information but I like actionable data. Sure, I could look at this--but what am I going to do just knowing that someone attempted it? Am I going to go waste my effort to try to break my own KOM to put it slightly more out of reach? No, I'd rather look at my data from past rides and take action based off of that. I.e. I haven't been spending enough time at zone5 and want to increase that. Or I notice that my sprint speed has decreased and want to take a targeted approach to that. And don't get me wrong, this isn't just a problem with your app, there is a lot of data out there right now that simply isn't actionable. My Left/right power data from my garmin vectors is another example...it's "neat" to see my L/R balance but at the end of the day is it actionable? No, not really. If I chose to try to correct the small imbalance I could potentially see a net loss of power. But I didn't buy the vectors for L/R balance, I bought them for being able to transfer between bikes and be able to see Total power (rather than estimated total, e.g. Stages).

That said, i couldn't easily figure out how to get/buy an unlock code and I'm unsure if you just haven't implemented that yet or not. If you have implemented it then you might want to make it more clear/visible. Again, I do think this is a neat idea but I realize I'm just not the target market. I don't care for KOM's and I don't care for data that isn't actionable. I probably would've loved this a few years ago when I was just starting out and had a cross town rival who kept trying to steal my cat6 segments.
Quote Reply