Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The LA Fitness I was thinking about is in Alpharetta, GA. But they are all the same. Same characters, different locations.

http://jmassieblog.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gee, and I thought it was just me.

I swim at the local Gold's (can't beat the rate I have locked) and, 300m into my swim yesterday, I literally swam into Lane Walker Lady, who was in the lane next to mine when I began my swim. Apparently, she felt it necessary to move into my lane to converse with someone in the hot tub and was unable to understand the irateness directed at her being in the lane in which I was swimming; it was, after all, a "public pool."

There was more to the conversation, and I really tried my best to be courteous and explain to her her error, but she would hear nothing of it. When I became a "young man [with] poor manners" (for not respecting my elders, I suppose), I slid the goggles back down and continued swimming. Worst swim workout ever.//d

#cureMS
Last edited by: off242: Aug 16, 07 10:20
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a great workout this evening at the outdoor pool. Family Fun Time was going on in one lane, the dad was kind of swimming in the next lane and looked like the brightest of the prospects to share a lane with so I jumped in with him. He fortunately left 300 m into my warm up, after I swam into and yelled at Fat Kid Waddling Across the Lap Lanes. In the lane next to me was Fully Clothed Old Man wearing T-Shirt, Wool Hat and Sunglasses practicing Sidestroke (nothing against old people, sidestroke or wool, just not sure that it's necessary to combine them).

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Abacus Lady, part 2? Not a real abacus--she IS the bead on the lane lines. She does her entire "swim" by crawling up and down the pool on the lane lines. I saw her attempt freestyle, once, ACROSS a lane. Pretty funny, actually.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [TriAya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have all of the regular characters described throughout this post, but the stangest I've seen is "Enlarged Ball Sack Guy"!! I'm sure he has some sort of medical issue that caused his condition, or that just happens when men get older, but he wears his skin tight jammers with his huge grapefruit sized ball sack and parades around the pool for 10 minutes before he gets in pretending to look busy so he can show off the goods to all of the ladies.

Quote | Reply
Has anyone covered Waterwalker-with-longsleeve-shirt-gloves-and-hat-with-visor-down-to-chin-lady?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I mentioned that her husband, Sidestroker Fully Dressed Including Wool Hat and Sunglassess Man, swims at my outdoor pool.
In Reply To:
Has anyone covered Waterwalker-with-longsleeve-shirt-gloves-and-hat-with-visor-down-to-chin-lady?

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the wife swims at my outdoor pool. Approx. 90 degrees at the time too. Oh, and they are leather work gloves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, this is not a dig at retiree's, but why do they INSIST on coming to the pool at the same time as me, early in the morning, and take up lane space. THEY HAVE ALL DAY?!

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a few strange pool people come to mind....

* the old ladies who come in and complain about the master swimmers who are standing around talking in the pool. Never mind that they have already done more yardage in one hour than the old lady will do in the rest of the year. Then, said old ladies proceed to get in the pool and yes, stand around and talk.

* the tri guy who drives the YELLOW ford truck, complete with huge IM and Ford logos all over it. He's as obnoxious in the pool as his truck is in the parking lot.

* butterfly paddle guy. does nothing but fly with huge paddles.

I'm sure there's more....

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [off242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this thread!

I literally ran into Lane Walker Lady, who was in the lane next to mine when I began my swim.

Ive had similar experiences. I was swimming one mid morning when almost no one was in the pool; just me and "snorkle and fins lady". I got out of the pool to use the restroom but all of my equipment and gym bag were at the end of my lane. I return to the pool to find that "snorkle and fins lady" decided my lane was more desirable and had move into it! Out of about 12 available lanes she had to have the one I was in!

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should've just peed in the pool :)
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Okay, this is not a dig at retiree's, but why do they INSIST on coming to the pool at the same time as me, early in the morning, and take up lane space. THEY HAVE ALL DAY?![/reply]

Because the Early Bird Dinner Special at Denny's now starts at noon and you know they can't be late for that...
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they also get up at 4AM and go to bed at 8PM just like we do.
[.reply]
Okay, this is not a dig at retiree's, but why do they INSIST on coming to the pool at the same time as me, early in the morning, and take up lane space. THEY HAVE ALL DAY?![./reply]

Because the Early Bird Dinner Special at Denny's now starts at noon and you know they can't be late for that...[/reply]

Partially-Hydrogenated
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New species sighted today:

"Really Fat Guy in a Tiny Little Speedo"....arrgghhhh, my eyes, it burns, it burns!!

Seriously, this was disturbing. There were little kids in the pool for god's sake! Have you no shame, sir??!! Now, I know I am no treat on the eyes, but hey, at least I wear jammers!

Here's the really fucked up part...he was fast. He would catch up to me and I would big underwater eyeful of his huge gut. I think my retinas are still a little seared.

Spot

Quote | Reply
New sighting yesterday. Don't know if he's been mentioned yet. Call him Prince Albert guy. This guy isn't content to freak the guys out in the shower. He also has two pierced nipples with rings and a chain joining them. Let's just say he had his own lane and the hot tub to himself yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Cross-Over guy/gal" has been mentioned multiple times in reference to freestyle but my YWCA has a lady who's taken the art of crossover to breaststroke - she reaches her arms out in front at an angle so they cross at the elbows and her hands are in line with the opposite shoulder then finishes the stroke. She's very precise in her movements so she obviously sincerely intends to be doing it, it's so weird it's hard not to stare.

We also had "Jolley Jumper Guy" last summer. He had the worst stroke I've ever seen for free but his kick took the cake, it was like he was mimicking a listless two-year-old in a jolley jumper - he was trying to move through the water by pushing with his heels. Very odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really Fat Guy in a Tiny Little Speedo . . . Here's the really fucked up part...he was fast.

This is the guy with body dismorphic disorder the wrong way. When he looks in the mirror, he sees the smokin' high school swimmer he was 40 years ago. Sad thing is, he still swims like it so you will never convince him otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I ran across a strange one(s) yesterday.

Two chicks in one lane, straddling kickboards like they are riding horses (or whatever mammal you care to insert here), racing down the lane using only their arms for propulsion, and going back-first.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't think I had the picture, but i found it. My guy here at an outside city pool. Over 300 pounds. Grey hair and long beard. Enjoyed walking laps around the pool, then at the completion of each lap, he would go into the grass and do a handstand. Here is the picture from a distance with a cell:
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Jeremy K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a really strange specimen... although he's got to be in great shape to lift that belly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have someone who I like to call "Aquaman". He is similar to a lot of the folks described herein, in that he is outfitted with swim cap, too small Speedo, dive mask style goggles, fins, and those green neoprene glove-paddle thingies. The really odd part is that he puts everything on, including the fins, goggles, and paddles, in the locker room then makes his way out to the deck. He struts around a bit, then does a modified Scuba entry jump into the pool where he invariably loses a glove or fin in the process.

Trieatalot

It's a C minus world.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I totally forgot the part about him wearing the same speedo that is 2 sizes too small.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orgasm guy. He was at the pool this morning. While taking a shower after his swim, he can be heard making very noticable sighs and moans like he's gettin' it on.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
homeless lady with a free Y membership hops in and the whole pool tastes like white castles moments later. in additon, the elastic in her suit is shot and with fog free goggles you can see her snatch
Quote Reply

Prev Next