Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone overcome a syncing issue with their Cateye Strada double-wireless after changing the battery? I don't know how I got it to work initially, but after changing the batteries this past week, all I get is 'Error' when trying to sync the receiver with the head unit. I've tried the instructions, all-clearing the thing, and I've looked online for help.

I've tried everything, and I'm really close to some other guy's solution: take it to the shore and throw it as far into the water as I can.

Anyone? Help!
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem when I had mine. I think I tried bringing the computer closer to the sensor and that helped, maybe? But I do remember that mine did NOT work on my trainer which was kind of annoying. Not sure why. Sorry that I am not much help but I remember how annoying it was for me when I had to change my battery and re sync it and I think I was able to by moving the computer closer to the sensor. Hope that helps a little bit. And if not, toss that crap out and get a Garmin!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I've tried close, far, left, right, up, down. The only thing that I haven't tried is moving the lot outside, away from interference from "televisions, personal computers, wireless networks, DVD players, cell phones, or other wireless devices..." That's just about everything, inside the house or not...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to let you know had the same issue. Couldn't sync after changing batteries. Was driving me mad. What worked in the end was starting the sync proccess and then pushing and holding the reset button on the receiver unit for approx 5 seconds before releasing. ID set within a couple of seconds :)
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [plang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plang wrote:
Just to let you know had the same issue. Couldn't sync after changing batteries. Was driving me mad. What worked in the end was starting the sync proccess and then pushing and holding the reset button on the receiver unit for approx 5 seconds before releasing. ID set within a couple of seconds :)

Same thing with a new unit. Then I read the instructions more carefully... and voila
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [plang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on pressing the reset button

Have Fun ** Tri Hard ** Be Kind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And one more heads up. The units HATE headlights. And, with the shorter days you may have one of them. When my headlight is on flash, no problem, but when it is on steady the Cateye no longer provides a display.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this problem too. You have to do a reset of the sensor unit too. I was skipping that step

http://202.215.251.86/...RD400DW_ENG%20v2.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Same thing with a new unit. Then I read the instructions more carefully... and voila[/quote]
x2

Made me feel like Sister Linda was right after all about making sure to read the directions "carefully" and not just skim through thinking, "oh, I got this."
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
But I do remember that mine did NOT work on my trainer which was kind of annoying. Not sure why.

Mine gets testy too close to the TV/DVD. I moved it back a bit and it starting working just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trick is to press the AC button before doing anything. This kinda seems to reset the whole computer and prepare it for syncing. Once you do this, it will reset all the information, which means you will need to put in your tire circumference, time of day, and previous odometer reading (if you want), but it was the only way I could get this devise to actually sync.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was not synchronizing because I put the on the batteries backwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Strada Double Wireless Syncing Issue? [ac1210] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only thing that worked for me, after considering taking a hammer to it, was to again hit the AC - and try everything - and then Voila !
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Patrick E [ In reply to ]