Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta
Quote | Reply
Buddy of mine who is training for first Ironman had his brand new Cervelo P2 stolen today off his rack (cut the cable lock) in the midtown Atlanta Whole Foods parking lot. He saw the loser in the act, chased him down on foot as he sped away in his car ramming several cars in the get away. Just missed him but the loser is now facing felony theft and hit and run if caught. Description of bike is below, likely also has an All3Sports sticker somewhere on the bike. Keep a look out - thanks!

· Cervelo P2
· Adamo split seat
· Profile design wing seat post bottle holder, carbon
· FSA gossamer compact crank
· Profile design gossamer brakes
· Rear tire has a hole, patched from the inside
· Rear wheel rim has a hole in the tape and rim with a patch over it (ran over a nail)
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [Sub6Lives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the Whole Foods I shop at and live in town so I'll definitely keep my eyes out for it! Does he have any description of the thug who stole it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye on Craigslist. Stolen bikes have turned up there more than once.

When I was a teen, someone stole my bike, then about a week later my dad saw the teen who took it riding down a nearby street. It didn't turn out too well for that kid, or for his father who dared go after my father when my dad took the bike back and called the cops. The kid got juvie, and his dad got 30 days for assault.

My dad got a set of bruised knuckles for defending himself -- guess the other guy leaned the lesson to make sure if you're going to try to beat up someone, that they're not former special ops. lol

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black guy, short hair, driving a silver VW likely with damage after hitting several cars trying to get away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What color/size is the frame? What kind of wheels (deep rim? carbon? tri-spoke?)? What kind of handle bars (road? clipons? aero?) What kind of pedals? What color is the seat?

We need enough detail so if I saw a picture of it on craigslist, etc. we could determine if it might be it.

Bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is the base configuration for the bike with the exception of the Shimano 105 pedals, the carbon Profile Design dual water bottle cage on the seat post, and the Adamo split seat. Seat is black. Size is 56.

Here is a link to the configuration: http://www.all3sports.com/...ltegra-complete.html.

Thanks for keeping any eye out everyone. Hope this dirtbag gets whats coming to him.
Last edited by: chapmadd: Sep 10, 13 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [chapmadd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Atlantabill and I do many rides around Atlanta every week. We'll keep an eye out for a new silver 56cm P2 with split saddle and shimano pedals.

I've had a bike stolen before and I know how much it sucks. Sometimes when I walk by a bike rack I still think i see a glimpse of her in my periphery. RIP ol' red Nishiki Olympic single speed conversion with Pashley chaincase and bullhorn handlebars!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to check Craigslist in other cities, too. Thieves have caught on to the fact that people are looking for them. So they advertise in other cities. usually close enough to drive to in a couple of hours.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found a bike that meets most of your description. I found it tucked away in my place of business. Obviously in a place where it doesn't belong. How can I privately send you an email or phone number so we can figure out if the bike is your friends?

This really must be the stolen bike. I hope so. And I can't wait to figure out who at my company stole it. It will be nice to see the handcuffs click.
Last edited by: Watchdog: Sep 11, 13 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [Watchdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watchdog wrote:
I found a bike that meets most of your description. I found it tucked away in my place of business. Obviously in a place where it doesn't belong. How can I privately send you an email or phone number so we can figure out if the bike is your friends?

This totally sounds legit. Email this guy asap!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, thank you! I believe you can send me a private message with your contact information by clicking on my profile. I can then get you in touch with the owner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just sent you a PM with my phone number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been contacted by the owner. The bike is definitely his. Now we are waiting for Atlanta police to get their act together.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is awesome, I am sitting in my office in Buckhead looking over Peachtree right now and i dont see police, so i am guessing it is in a different part of town.

Also who do you work with that has a silver VW?
Last edited by: 4Ring: Sep 11, 13 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [4Ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My company is near Howell Mill Rd so you won't get to see the action from your office.

I'm keeping it on the down low at my company, but the two people I have talked to don't know if we have an employee with a silver VW. I'll walk the parking lot tomorrow when the full staff is here and see if the car is here.

I'm going to remove the bike from its current hiding place and secure it in my office. I don't want to risk the thief getting rid of it first thing in the morning when they come to work. I'm hoping someone will start looking for it but I doubt I will get that lucky. But I'm certain other employees had to see the bike come into the building so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is responsible. I hope the police will get involved before I have to fire the person so I can watch them make the arrest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there are surveillance camera's in your building, see if someone can see who wheeled it in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please keep us posted on this!

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 'found a bike that meets most of your description. I found it tucked away in my place of business'

just curious, whats the ask price?
in cases like these do the phuckers ask for the going value or do they just want to unload it fast?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe just maybe the thugs from LA(Lower Atlanta) :-) will coming back for the goods,be careful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watchdog wrote:
My company is near Howell Mill Rd so you won't get to see the action from your office.

I'm keeping it on the down low at my company, but the two people I have talked to don't know if we have an employee with a silver VW. I'll walk the parking lot tomorrow when the full staff is here and see if the car is here.

I'm going to remove the bike from its current hiding place and secure it in my office. I don't want to risk the thief getting rid of it first thing in the morning when they come to work. I'm hoping someone will start looking for it but I doubt I will get that lucky. But I'm certain other employees had to see the bike come into the building so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is responsible. I hope the police will get involved before I have to fire the person so I can watch them make the arrest.

Maybe just send an email to all employees stating that bikes should not be stored in that area of the office, you moved it because of a saftey hazard, and they must come to you to claim it? Or maybe just leave a note where the bike was?

That might give the theif some assurance that you're not on to him. But if you secure it in your office without sending out a notice...I'd probably be spooked if I was the theif...because I don't think that would be normal company policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
keep us posted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Careful. Someone at your company could have bought the bike from the real thieves, on craigslist for example. They may not know it's been stolen. Bike may look "hidden" because whoever bought it rode it to work and didn't want to leave it chained outside. So they stashed it in the office where management/HR won't find it. I know because that's what I do. I hide my old Cervelo Soloist Team in the server room behind the huge rack of backup batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep P2 is a great commuter bike,I hide mine by the condensate pump at my nuclear power plant.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHA funny man. A Cervelo Soloist would not be considered a commuter bike by most. But I only got two bikes, a Shiv, and the Soloist, so when I ride to work guess what I ride? And guess where I keep it because it is NOT going on the bike racks outside.

Edit: oh yeah almost forgot. You need this to check that bike with: http://www.amazon.com/...1&keywords=soeks
Last edited by: Dilbert: Sep 11, 13 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Cervelo P2 in midtown Atlanta [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I commute on my P2!! I can only afford 1 bike!
Quote Reply

Prev Next