Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter
Quote | Reply
I ordered my 4iiii Precision through Clever Training on January 2, 2015. I'm still waiting for my shipment kit to send them my left crank arm and have the power meter installed at their offices. I'm wondering how many others are in the same situation. Clearly price is the only reason I'm still hanging on. I guess it's telling that DCRainmaker still hasn't received a working unit yet to review.

My email correspondence with them has been less than stellar. And their Friday Files are laughable. There are very few actual updates in there. It's mostly marketing fluff.

Quote:

Date: Sunday, July 5, 2015 at 7:59 PM
To: Cranks 4iiii
Subject: Re: No email

So another week has gone by and you didn't meet your promises again. Can you give me an update?

Jeff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Jun 26, 2015, at 12:05 PM, Cranks 4iiii <cranks@4iiii.com> wrote:

Your package is in the next batch of packages to go out. But that won't be sent out until next week.

Cheers
Pearl

4iiii PRECISION Team
Please check our status updates at 4iiii.com/friday-files

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Jeff Tignor <Jeff@jefftignor.com> wrote:
Hey, what’s going on? Have you missed another deadline? You stated you’d be through the backlog of orders by tomorrow. Where is my order at? I see stories of people who bought the whole crank from you in like April getting their orders fulfilled already. I ordered in January! Please give me a reason not to cancel and order a Stages instead. I’d rather not to save the money but I’m getting frustrated and frankly I’m worried about the reports on battery issues I’ve been reading about.

Thanks,
Jeff

Date: Monday, June 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM
To: Jeff Tignor
Subject: Re: No email

Hello Jeff

Our production resources are now realigned and we have improved our process flows and increased our factory output. We should be through the backlog of orders by June 26. Starting next week, we will begin to send out packages to receive cranks.

We know that you always have a choice. Where you buy is more than a simple purchase - it is your voice and vote. This is not lost on us. 4iiii brings new ideas to market when others may choose to wait and watch. That may prove challenging to our customers at times like this but it does give you the assurance of buying into products that are inspired and developed to keep you ahead of the game.We've launched PRECISION ­because we believe that the advantages of power meters should be accessible to every cyclist. While PRECISION is experiencing some initial bumps, every person in our company is focused on delivering this promise.

Regards

Pearl

4iiii PRECISION Team

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Jeff Tignor <Jeff@jefftignor.com> wrote:
May 25 has passed. Do I have a new ship kit date? Thanks.

Jeff

On Apr 14, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Cranks 4iiii <cranks@4iiii.com> wrote:

Hello Jeff
I am sorry you did not receive your email. We have your order with a factory install date in the week of May 25 and will be sending you a shipping kit prior to receive your crank.
Thanks for following up.
Pearl

4iiii PRECISION Team

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Jeff Tignor <Jeff@jefftignor.com> wrote:
Hi, I have not received my install email yet. Can you resend? I ordered from Clever Training. I have an Ultegra 6700 175mm crank. Thanks.

Jeff

Quote Reply
Re: Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter [ksujeff99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered in Oct from Clever Training and about two weeks ago after numerous emails I finally received my shipping kit. I'm mailing my crank today. Slower than anticipated and I know they stopped production for a bit to work on some technical issues. I saw their most recent FB post and they are stopping right side installs - power numbers are off. I think they have the battery drain issue worked out.

Hopefully I get my crank back faster than this whole process has been so far.

Your emails look like my history. I had to email them my crank info about three times.
Quote Reply
Re: Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stages on closeout anywhere from 400-450, and they will be in biz in 6 months...
Quote Reply
Re: Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter [pots4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you are aware there are some bad power numbers on the 4iiiis
DcRainmaker put his testing/review on hold I believe until it's all sorted out.

Canceled my order and preordered the powertap p1s.
Quote Reply
Re: Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter [ksujeff99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pre-order and just gave up after seeing leaks of the issues and delays. I acknowledge that they may be able to work through all of the problems in time, but I didn't want to be "stuck" questioning why I saved money for something that may not work for a season.

... and in the end I also decided I would like to stay away from the "unknowns" of single sided power measurement.

Planning on waiting a little and getting a low end P2M, Riken AL, or perhaps a chainring solution from PowerTap. I have a little more faith that PowerTap can launch and support a new power meter than 4iiii, although only time will tell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dang, that sucks. I was close to ordering one myself, but found a new quarq on nashbar for $950. So glad I spent a little more.

Why don't you just go with a quarq, used or new, or get the powertap?
I'm guessing they are a bit too pricey?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been looking for a Stages PM but the lowest I've been able to find for a 175 Shimano crank arm (DA, Ultegra, or 105) is about $600. Where are you seeing prices from $400-$450?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a dura ace close out; works with most shimano cranks

Not much left
Quote Reply
Re: Still waiting for my 4iiii Precision Power Meter [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could spend the money on a more expensive power meter but have a tough time justifying the cost (mainly to my wife). I currently run 60mm Chinese clinchers as both training and race wheels. I thought about buying a PowerTap hub and having it built into that rim but I have no idea of the cost/complexity of getting a wheel rebuilt. PowerTap's new chainring-based meter looks like a winner. I keep telling myself I'm going to cancel with 4iiii, but I just keep giving in one more week...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ring=stages;#5598198

http://store.stagescycling.com/...ura-ace-7900-p2.aspx looks like this one is toast now...

No skin in the game-mine gets delivered today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks pots4! I just ordered one from Sean. What a deal!

I contacted Clever Training and they already have my refund in the works. I should complain on ST more often. Ha
Quote Reply