Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stay in The KC area or relocate to Denver, CO
Quote | Reply
A opportunity to relocate to Denver, CO has knocked upon my door.

Just can't decide if I should take my family away from its comfort zone, and transfer to Denver, Co.

Pro's and Con's to both.

Any opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: Stay in The KC area or relocate to Denver, CO [montyzooma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We would miss you if you left, that said, I could use a good weed connection. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm . . . KC or Denver. Nothing or Mountains. Nothing or Great Area for athletes. Nothing or Elevation Training. KC close to Nothing. Denver close to Boulder.

Yup, stay in KC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denver.

then Denver.

and finally Denver

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denver is a great area, growing and with lots of opportunity. It goes without saying that it's far better for training, and will also probably be better long term career-wise. I don't know what family or connection issues moving might create, but if you are going to move, Denver's a good place to go.

The one downside: prepare to never again win your AG.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like sucking on a tail pipe.....come to Denver.

Colorado is great. I live here 9 mo.s a year, it's my base. I love it, But I would NEVER live in the front range. Denver is choked with traffic, just running to the store can be a huge pain in the ass! Its not in the mountains and can be very dry and dusty without a tree insight. But if you like homeless drug addicts, lots of traffics and smog. Come on over!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ike [ In reply to ]
Re: Stay in The KC area or relocate to Denver, CO [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That John Denver is full of shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boulder would be sweet but a 45 min commute to work on the south side near I-25/470 interchange. I am use to a 10 min by car 30 min by bike commute.

What are the suburbs south of Denver like
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aurora is ghetto, but some of the neighborhoods on the West side of I-25 are nice.

If you're interested in a neighborhood close to denver that would be good for training, look on the west side of Denver. Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Golden, Parts of Lakewood would all be a relatively short commute to the city for work and are close to lots of good training spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live about 4 miles from I25 and C470 in Castle Pines. Riding south from that area is good but hilly. All my long rides normally start around I/25 and C470 head east towards Parker, Crowfoot Valley, south towards Castle Rock area, then towards Larkspur and Palmer Lake and back to Sedalia - look at a map and you will see the general area.

As for swimming, Colorado Athletic Club, right near I25 and C470 has a good masters program with an indoor and outdoor pool.

As for my long runs, I drive 20 min to Highline Canal - flat and dirt. Trail runs are available (Outback, Bluffs, and Meadows, or I drive 20 min down to Greenland which has awesome views of Pikes Peak and around 7,000 feet. I think my house sits around 6,600 feet. You get use to it and you feel fast when you race at sea level.

Guessing the housing is roughly the same.

Schools are good on the south end, my kids are at Rock Canyon, which we are very happy with.

Traffic is bad on I25 in the Tech Center area. Lincoln and I25 ( near c470 continues to get worse) with new housing, office, and hospital construction. That's why we live a few miles south of that area - less congestion and more open space.

As for weather, CO is much nicer than KC.

Bike commute depending on where your located is very possible. C-470 bike trail. I bike commute from my house and once I get to the c-470 trail I can go all the way downtown on cement bike path with only a few stops. Other days I just run to the light rail station at c-470 and I25 and take the train downtown.
Last edited by: summitt: Apr 19, 14 7:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The south end of town (C470 - I25) has several good training areas and some good trails. There is some nice open space with single track trails just south of the Sky Ridge medical center. On weekends, there are a lot of cyclists riding near Centennial airport. The area is mostly offices so the roads are fairly empty. Cherry Creek reservoir provides good cycling year round although the pavement isn't smoothest. For racing, you cannot beat the frequency and variety in the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. What does your family think? Do they want to move?
2. See number 1.
3. If you move, are you prepared to spend considerably more money for equivalent housing and lifestyle?
4. Do you really, really love the mountains such that moving closer to them is important?
5. Do you otherwise like your current situation, or have you been dying to get out anyway.
6. Quality training opportunities for you are great and all, but that should be pretty much your last consideration in determining whether it is a good decision for your family.
7. Do you believe you could live being constantly surrounded by Bronco fans? / pink/. Sort of.
Quote Reply
Re: Stay in The KC area or relocate to Denver, CO [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am stuck in Shawnee... so I vote Denver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
montyzooma wrote:
A opportunity to relocate to Denver, CO has knocked upon my door.
Just can't decide if I should take my family away from its comfort zone, and transfer to Denver, Co.
Pro's and Con's to both.
Any opinions?
Come here to Denver. You'll love it! If you have questions about parts of town or if I can help with anything else, shoot me an email at ryan@podiumproperties.com. I'm a realtor & have lived here for most of my life. Let me know if I can help.

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the information and humor!
Quote Reply