Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stationary Bike options for power
Quote | Reply
I'm on the road 50% of every month (pilot) and end up in hotel or local gyms on a stationary bike for training. Are there any good options for power training except for the trainers with power displays? Maybe a pedal swap using Garmin?
I have a PT wheel at home and use Trainer Road. I've sent a request for Trainer Road to integrate (bluetooth?) with stationary cycles like Lifecycle etc but I'm sure there are proprietary issues.
Maybe if someone is reading this they will make a pedal attachment for travel workouts that operates with running shoes on those trainers? (please?)
And I get that maybe the market for this would be too low to matter or be profitable.
Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Stationary Bike options for power [dusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dusty wrote:
I'm on the road 50% of every month (pilot) and end up in hotel or local gyms on a stationary bike for training. Are there any good options for power training except for the trainers with power displays? Maybe a pedal swap using Garmin?
I have a PT wheel at home and use Trainer Road. I've sent a request for Trainer Road to integrate (bluetooth?) with stationary cycles like Lifecycle etc but I'm sure there are proprietary issues.
Maybe if someone is reading this they will make a pedal attachment for travel workouts that operates with running shoes on those trainers? (please?)
And I get that maybe the market for this would be too low to matter or be profitable.
Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

All current pedal based PMs use strain gauges in the spindle as far as I'm aware. So you'd be swapping the stationary bike pedals anyway. If the idea of using running shoes is to remove the need for a pedal change - it won't work! At least not with any current approach I'm aware off, or realistic future solution I can think of.
I think you'll need a PM equipped stationary bike, to swap pedals, or to find a cleat based PM. The only cleat based PM I'm aware of was The Brim Brothers DPM Zone and that never made it to market - and again would have required a pedal swap to use Speedplay anyway.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Oct 23, 17 5:36
Quote Reply
Re: Stationary Bike options for power [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could Stryd running shoe pods be adapted for the cycle instead of running motion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Stryd doen't do direct power measurement. It's an accelerometer based device that uses your movement and a complex algorithm to produce a power figure. I don't think that could be made into a bike power meter as it would basically just measure your cadence and smoothness of stroke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dare say this on ST but I was as fast training & racing with perceived exertion and heartrate as I am using a power meter. Even if you just used three levels of exertion: recovery, tempo, and race pace those would make adequate interval sessions IMO.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple possibilities... Maybe you could fashion shoes with the Luck sole and ride cleatless on the hotel bike. I thought I read a while ago that the RPM2 also did cycling, but their website only seems to promote running now. But, maybe that could work as well.

http://luck-bike.es/...5-luck-potentiometer
https://www.rpm2.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
want to buy the P1 pedals, one sided power. NIB $500 ???
Quote Reply