Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm testing a concept for endurance athletes. Essentially a subscription service delivering a tailored package of energy bars, gels and drinks to your door every month.

Check it out at http://www.lamusette.co

I'd be really keen to hear your feedback and see if anyone would actually use this service. So let me know - and be honest. And if you wouldn't use it as it is, what would you want it to do?

Cheers,

Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [rcrcr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck however I'm inherently suspicious about websites that won't provide you any detailed information about what they offer without me first providing my email address. Thus, other than your home page looks pretty I can't provide any useful thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure that Dan will let you pay to advertise your service.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
already exists

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, that in itself is useful feedback! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [burnman] [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman - Apologies, it's more of a feedback gathering exercise than an advertisement. It doesn't exactly exist yet.

Mods can remove the thread if they think this is overstepping the mark.

thirstygreek - could you point me in the direction of where it exists? I know you can set something like it up through Amazon but haven't found anyone doing a tailored package via subscription.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impossible to say without having access to your price schedule. It would have to be pretty aggressive to get me to switch from Amazon Prime, which is always fast and the order is always correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [onemuddyshoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onemuddyshoe wrote:
Impossible to say without having access to your price schedule. It would have to be pretty aggressive to get me to switch from Amazon Prime, which is always fast and the order is always correct.

This
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess my question would be, what would you want?

Would 20 gels, 10 bars and 1 jar of energy drink (all in your favourite brand) for $45 per/month beat it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one that I remember being posted about before was part of runnerbox.

http://therunnerbox.com/tribox-2/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, friend, but I think The Feed beat you to it.

https://thefeed.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [boszoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for pointing these out to me. Both these sites are great!

I guess I should mention that I'm UK based. Pretty sure we haven't got anything like this over here (apart from setting up a subscription with Amazon).

Do you guys use The Feed/Runner Box?
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [boszoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank goodness for Facebook that they didn't follow your advice since Myspace beat them to the social networking thing. Or, whatever.

I don't think this is a service I would use as I just make all my own stuff, but if you can do it better or cheaper (or both?) than the players already in the market, go for it! If you want what I would suspect is a real new angle, you can make things similar to what I make at home: homemade recipes like from the feedzone portables book. If you were delivering homemade rice cakes and portable pies to me weekly, on a reliable schedule, I would probably give some serious consideration to subscribing. If you're just going to act as a middleman for powerbars and skratch labs, no thanks. Those things last forever so there's no incentive for me to not just stock up all at once and forget it.
Quote Reply
Re: Start Up Concept Test - Feedback wanted [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi. Thanks taking the time to give your thoughts. You're not the only person who has asked for something like this... an organic snack box of sports nutrition. Like Graze boxes (if you have that in the US)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a few that do that.
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/...livery-boxes/?page=1

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool, hadn't heard of Graze! That's a little what I'm thinking. Maybe something more sports-focused rather than healthy eating focused would be the ticket. Unfortunately, adoption rates for price-competitive services tend to be low in the UK, so I think you'll be fighting even more of an uphill battle than you expected.
Quote Reply