Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stages vs P1 Pedals...Confused about power readings
Quote | Reply
I was using a Stages PM for over a year. I actually have two that I used which matched each other pretty well. I switched to the P1 pedals and realized the power was 25-30w lower in the P1 pedals vs. Stages. Also, my left leg is a little weaker than the right (48/52) so technically the P1 pedals should read higher.

Do all Stages PMs read high compared to other PMs? I've seen some people test their Stages with other PMs and they match up pretty well. What gives? Is it the way I apply force on the pedals?
Quote Reply
Re: Stages vs P1 Pedals...Confused about power readings [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have P! pedals. Mine started to exhibit huge power spikes followed by steep power plunges on a regular basis throughout my trainer rides. Sent the back for a fix. Now, they are back to doing the same thing again. In addition, they often fluctuate by +/- 30W while riding same cadence/effort on my trainer. So...., I have no faith in any of the numbers they produce, fwiw.
Quote Reply
Re: Stages vs P1 Pedals...Confused about power readings [endurance1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ran my stages with my PT hub and they were within 1 watt of each other.
Quote Reply