Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

St Croix 70.3 Logistics
Quote | Reply
Question on the St Croix 70.3 race, couldn't find an answer in the forums or the race website.

Noticed bike check-in on the same morning of the race, how is the parking situation on the morning of the race? I'll be staying at the Buccaneer resort, do I need to rent a car or will there be transportation for athletes and bikes from hotels to race venue?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: St Croix 70.3 Logistics [aerorun703] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerorun703 wrote:
Question on the St Croix 70.3 race, couldn't find an answer in the forums or the race website.

Noticed bike check-in on the same morning of the race, how is the parking situation on the morning of the race? I'll be staying at the Buccaneer resort, do I need to rent a car or will there be transportation for athletes and bikes from hotels to race venue?

Thanks

it's easy enough to ride your bike to the start from the Buccaneer. They do an early breakfast + coffee for you too.
You can also arrange a cab from the Buc if you prefer - just tell the concierge and they will arrange it. But last year I had no problems riding in. Just take a bike light - it will be a little dark still

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: St Croix 70.3 Logistics [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2
don't bother with a rental. take the Buccaneer Shuttle or just ride in.
Quote Reply
Re: St Croix 70.3 Logistics [aerorun703] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's mostly flat, even a bit downhill, from the Buccaneer to T1 (maybe two little uphills, although they'll look a LOT bigger on the run!). Lots of people just ride down. Transition area is very well organized.

Enjoy!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply