Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports stats timing says they can't find my race chip. Question....
Quote | Reply
I just finished my first HIM this Sunday but just received an email from sportsstats that they can not find my timing chip. They said they would send me an invoice for $75 for the lost device. Has this ever happened to anybody??? I came across the finish line, somebody put a medal around my neck while at the same time somebody else took the timing chip off my ankle. Immediately after that I went to the picture area and have a picture in front of the Ironman screen that my daughter took and it shows my ankle band was already off. How am i responsible for the band once the volunteer takes it off of me??? Anybody have any past experiences like this?

-------------------------------------------------------
I quit school because of recess........ I don't play
Quote Reply
Re: Sports stats timing says they can't find my race chip. Question.... [spiderjunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you contacted Sportstats customer service - http://www.sportstats.ca/contact.xhtml ?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Sports stats timing says they can't find my race chip. Question.... [spiderjunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It happens. They lose stuff. The email is most likely an automated send based on a list of chips that are unaccounted for. Just email them & tell them that at the finish line someone took the chip & you will not be paying any invoice they send you. If they would like to see the picture immediately after the race with no chip, you will gladly send it over.

Usually that will be the end of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an issue with mailing my chip back for Oceanside this year. I got sick so I DNS and mailed the chip back that Monday post race. For whatever reason they could not find it, to the best of my knowledge never did. Via email I expanded what I did and Marc and his staff took care of it.
Easy people to deal with.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just respond to the email and they will put a note
Probably a miss scan post race. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Sports stats timing says they can't find my race chip. Question.... [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. Going to email them now and let them know.

-------------------------------------------------------
I quit school because of recess........ I don't play
Quote Reply