Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sportpump Compression Boot Review
Quote | Reply
Here is a review of the Sportpump recovery boot system. I am ten year age group triathlete who has been looking at and trying out all of the recovery boot systems over the last 6 months. I was eager to buy would have been an understatement.

Since Sportpump is the newest boot on the market a lot of folks do not know about it I figured I would review it. I myself only found out about them on slowtwitch. Funny part is I was about to buy another brand and then saw them but thanks to a post on slowtwitch I contacted sportpump.

I have been using them for 1-2 hours per night and after workouts if possible. They are great and even quiet!! My legs feel fresh every morning and similar how they feel after taking a day off. You can change the settings to meet any pressure from 30-80mmhg. Learning how to do the setting is my only complaint so far so maybe that will change. It was not hard once I learned how to do it but I could see how someone could mistake it. I used to get massage on a monthly basis but now I am going to see if this could take the place of it totally. I was drawn to Sportpump after talking with Chris and asking him what I considered hard questions and then finding out about the warranty and technology. I am going to continue to use them and update on the process after a full month or so. So glad to have these in my recovery process! Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks

Eugene
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [bamatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cost$$ compared to others on the market?
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [runitaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sport Pump $799

Normatec ~$4000
Recovery Pump $1100
Podium Legs $599
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [vikingmd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$600 to $800 sounds pretty good, 4K not so much
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [runitaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cost is one factor. 400 less than recovery pump and only 100 more than podiumlegs is huge. Podium legs currently only come in one size and to me the science is questionable. What got me to commit is the quality and science behind sportpump.net is much better than podium legs and the warranty is longer and better than recovery pump while being 300 dollars cheaper! I love mine I have seen a noticeable difference in recovery time and performance. Keep the questions coming. I did the research thanks to my desire for the best and my wife making me save up for these.
Last edited by: bamatriguy: Feb 27, 12 16:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've obviously done your homework already. I was about to pull the trigger on some podium legs. What makes these better than podium legs and why did you choose them over podium legs?

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent a request for materials last week, waiting in a response from them. Did you need a prescription for them?

I'm on the mailing list for the upcoming normatec mvp, but may just pick up the sportpump, as the price is pretty good. I'm willing to bet that the new normatec will still be close to double the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see different size options for Sportpump. Do they come in different sizes? What make you choose the 4 chamber version over the 8 (I assume cost)?
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [Ironma'am] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sportpump has S,M,L and long sizes for each size. If you give them your inseam length they will fit the sleeve accordingly. The sleeve should cover the foot entirely(very important) and go as high on the thigh as possible. 8 chamber has been used more in upper extremity. If you have very long legs Sportpump will custom make the sleeve at no extra cost and keep the 3 year warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [daryl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay in replies. They come in different sizes I have a large and I like how they fit up to almost your waist. I believe sportpump is going to make a pant type deal as well which would go to your waist or above it. You do need a prescription but that is pretty simple to get. Call sportpump and ask for chris he will help you with sizing and answering all the questions about it. Here is the sportlpump nummber 8558767243 or email him at chris@sportpump.net

I will say this I have been using them for almost a month now and feel much more recovered than even a message in some ways. I have been using them for a minimum of an hour a day with a few two hour sessions at night or after a bike workout day. I hope this helps and answers everyone.

Eugene
Last edited by: bamatriguy: Mar 7, 12 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
podium legs do not have the sizing factor and do not seem as high of quality to me. I wonder about the science behind podium legs price may be too good to be true. When I used them they felt like the compression was not the same.

yes I did do my home work. I was just lucky to get to try them all out but normatec but that was out of my range regardless.

Eugene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bamatriguy,

It's obvious that you work for sport pump and everyone needs to know that your opinions are bias in these "reviews". You should tell your company to stop promoting negative campaigns against recovery boots, normatec, and the like and try promoting the SportPump brand in a positive way. These tactics make sportpump look questionable at best.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [bikeguyNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe just an overly enthusiastic member of the sportpump affiliate program?

http://www.sportpump.net/program/

I have to say, I looked at the link and all these things look preposterous to me. The picture of the girl reclining in an easy chair wearing these giant inflatable legs is comical. Until my triathlon endeavours are paying the household bills, I wouldn't dare to introduce these into the Brush household.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not an employee or affiliate of sportpump.... I use
Them they work and are cheaper and better than everyone else's.... So who do you work for? I honestly looked at boots for months and found these and wanted to share. I will sorry for the delay in reply been busy with my job!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you still linking your sport pump? I'm torn between them with the special price of $800 shipped, or the Normatec MVP at $1500. I've used the Normatec so I know how they feel and how great they refresh the legs....not sure if its an addition $700 of awesomeness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of podium legs.....very cheaply made, compression quality and consistency not great IMO.
I would not purchase them again compared to Normatecs.
I will stick with ice baths and quality stretching!
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the RevitaPump LX7. At only $529 the price was fair and it works great. www.revitapump.com. They have some "pants" garments coming out soon, and look forward to trying them. I have done my research. A friend of mine uses the PowerPress Digital Sequential Compression pump he purchased for under $700 on Amazon. I'm not sure about quality, but I've even seen some other random home compression pumps on Amazon for under $300! They are not marketed to athletes, but essentially they seem to do the same thing as other "sports recovery pumps". The Recovery Pump, Sport Pump, and Normatec MVP are excellent products. But many of these devices are somewhat similar or rebranded from their medical version. There are various brands of 'pumps" all over Amazon.com. I also heard Podium Legs www.podiumlegs.com are decent and priced fairly, but they are waiting on FDA approval. I don't think you need to spend over a thousand dollars as long as the pump has at least 4 air segments, and inflates with a "sequential gradient" technology. I believe some of brands like the RevitaPump and PowerPress pumps both offer "regular" and "peristaltic" inflation options. So, you get the best of both arguments of Normatec vs. other brands. These in my opinion, are the key qualities. This is America, and its all about marketing. The only one claiming to be USA made is Sport Pump brand www.sportpump.com. Granted some brands may seem more heavy and substantial. But I think they mostly serve the same purpose and have similar warranties, with a few whistles and bells that may or not be worth the price. Some of the cheaper pumps actually have some cool programable feature and an extra garment to address the gluteaI muscles or "glutes". I think the higher prices of Recovery Pump, Normatec MVP, and Vessports pumps are up there because of the all the marketing and event sponsorships they may spend money on. Nothing wrong with that. Are the features and perceived quality justified? Maybe, but the internet allows us to find good alternatives to products. The same reason why Best Buy and Circuit City ran into problems with electronic comparison shopping online . Many of us love our sport, but are on a tight budget. I wanted to educate my fellow athletes with the options out there and maybe save some people money in these tough times.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [Canadian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Podium legs break super easy. The little connection t is weak plastic. Now I have to hold it together to use my podium legs. And I emailed podium legs several times to get a replacement part and got no reply. I know they are coming back this spring but I would not buy them again at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [Biertuempfel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SportPump is now available without Rx. Still include a 3 year warranty on the sleeves and machine. Most systems cover the sleeves for a brief period . 799.99. Made in the USA. The results of the SportPump is well documented. If you are someone who is on the fence about compression this is a good start . 1 hour on SportPump will provide the same recovery results as any other machine regardless of the setting. We are still able to assist people trying to obtain a pump through FSA account. For that you will need a RX. If you have any questions please call us direct at 855 876 7243. http://www.sportpump.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [SportPump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the SportPump boots for a bout a year now, and love them! They clearly aid in my recovery after long rides and runs, and I have had no problems with the system. Have also recommended them to a friend of mine, who equally loves them ... especially, at their price point.
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone visited the RevitaPump site? Their sports recovery compression pump is only $529 and also is medical grade. They also have some nice half pants garments to take care of your glutes and core. http://www.revitapump.com. No prescription needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else has tried sportpump. Bama, how are yours holding up a year later?
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [westlake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit late to this discussion but I'm trying to buy a compression therapy system for my small Physio clinic, I have contacted most of the major players in the market and have got replies but Im interested in the revita pump system and while the company responded to my initial enquiry, after sending another email asking which they thought would be most suitable for my needs they have not responded.

I have sent several emails since and still no reply, I phoned the contact who first responded to my mail and he said he would send an email with details but still no mail, despite my follow up mail.

My enquiry is from Ireland so I presume with adapter it should work ok here, but I'm at a loss as to why they are not responding, has anybody else any problems with trying to order.

Thanks and would appreciate any responses

Brendank
Quote Reply
Re: Sportpump Compression Boot Review [Brendank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.runnersworld.com/...normatec-to-the-test

How to rectify the data that these compression systems don't help?
Quote Reply

Prev Next